手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 名著精讲 > 《伊索寓言》--第二辑 > 正文

058:工人与夜莺 The Labourer and the Nightingale

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • The Labourer and the Nightingale
  • 工人与夜莺
  • A Labourer lay listening to a Nightingale's song throughout the summer night.
  • 整个夏天的夜晚,工人都是在躺着听夜莺的歌声中度过的。
  • So pleased was he with it that the next night he set a trap for it and captured it.
  • 他十分喜欢夜莺的歌声,于是,一天晚上,工人设陷阱抓住了夜莺。
  • "Now that I have caught thee," he cried, "thou shalt always sing to me."
  • “既然我抓住你了,你就得一直为我唱歌,”他叫道。
  • "We Nightingales never sing in a cage." said the bird.
  • “我们夜莺是绝不会在笼子里唱歌的。”那只鸟说。
  • "Then I'll eat thee." said the Labourer.
  • “那我就吃了你。”工人说。
  • "I have always heard say that a nightingale on toast is dainty morsel."
  • “我总听人讲,烤夜莺是一餐绝佳的美味。”
  • "Nay, kill me not," said the Nightingale; "but let me free, and I'll tell thee three things far better worth than my poor body."
  • “不,不要杀我!”夜莺央求道,“放了我,我会告诉你三件意义远远超过我这芝麻块大的身体的事情。”
  • The Labourer let him loose, and he flew up to a branch of a tree and said:
  • 工人将夜莺松开,它飞上枝头,说:
  • "Never believe a captive's promise; that's one thing.
  • “第一,千万不要信一个俘虏的承诺;
  • Then again: Keep what you have.
  • 第二,抓住你现时所拥有的;
  • And third piece of advice is: Sorrow not over what is lost forever."
  • 第三,千万不要为永远失去的东西难过。
  • Then the song-bird flew away.
  • 然后,夜莺就飞走了。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The Labourer and the Nightingale

工人与夜莺

A Labourer lay listening to a Nightingale's song throughout the summer night.

整个夏天的夜晚,工人都是在躺着听夜莺的歌声中度过的。

So pleased was he with it that the next night he set a trap for it and captured it.

他十分喜欢夜莺的歌声,于是,一天晚上,工人设陷阱抓住了夜莺。

"Now that I have caught thee," he cried, "thou shalt always sing to me."

“既然我抓住你了,你就得一直为我唱歌,”他叫道。

"We Nightingales never sing in a cage." said the bird.

“我们夜莺是绝不会在笼子里唱歌的。”那只鸟说。

"Then I'll eat thee." said the Labourer.

“那我就吃了你。”工人说。

"I have always heard say that a nightingale on toast is dainty morsel."

“我总听人讲,烤夜莺是一餐绝佳的美味。”

"Nay, kill me not," said the Nightingale; "but let me free, and I'll tell thee three things far better worth than my poor body."

“不,不要杀我!”夜莺央求道,“放了我,我会告诉你三件意义远远超过我这芝麻块大的身体的事情。”

The Labourer let him loose, and he flew up to a branch of a tree and said:

工人将夜莺松开,它飞上枝头,说:

"Never believe a captive's promise; that's one thing.

“第一,千万不要信一个俘虏的承诺;

Then again: Keep what you have.

第二,抓住你现时所拥有的;

And third piece of advice is: Sorrow not over what is lost forever."

第三,千万不要为永远失去的东西难过。

Then the song-bird flew away.

然后,夜莺就飞走了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
branch [brɑ:ntʃ]

想一想再看

n. 分支,树枝,分店,分部
v. 分支,分岔

 
trap [træp]

想一想再看

n. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车
v. 设

 
dainty ['deinti]

想一想再看

n. 适口的食物 adj. 优美的,讲究的,适口的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。