"Oh, don't! I must keep my hat! The bread is for grandmother," cried Heidi in despair.
“不许这样!那顶帽子我要留着!面包是要送给奶奶的!”海蒂哭得很绝望。
"You stay here, while we take the rubbish away," said the lady sternly.
“你就待在这儿,那些破玩艺,我们来收拾!”罗得迈尔严厉地说。
Heidi threw herself down now on Clara's chair and sobbed as if her heart would break.
小姑娘扑到克拉拉的椅子上,她不停地抽泣,哭得好像心都碎了。
"Now I can't bring grandmother any rolls! Oh, they were for grandmother!" she lamented.
“没有面包给奶奶了。那些全是要给奶奶的。”小海蒂伤心地哭着。
"Heidi, don't cry anymore," Clara begged.
“海蒂,别这么难过。”克拉拉恳求似地说,
"Listen! When you go home some day, I am going to give you as many rolls as you had, and more.
“听我说!你回家的时候我让你带回去和现在一样多,不,比这更多的面包!
They will be much softer and better than those stale ones you have kept.
它们会比你一直保存的那些旧面包更软更好。
Those were not fit to eat, Heidi. Stop now, please, and don't cry anymore!"
那些已经不好吃了。海蒂,不要再哭了,求你了,别哭了。”
Only after a long, long time did Heidi become quiet.
过了好长时间,海蒂才安静下来。
When she had heard Clara's promise, she cried: "Are you really going to give me as many as I had?"
当她听到克拉拉的承诺时,她喊道:“你真的打算给我这么多吗?”
At supper, Heidi's eyes were swollen and it was still hard for her to keep from crying.
海蒂直到晚饭时,眼睛还是红红肿肿的,还是很难控制住自己的眼泪。
Sebastian made strange signs to her that she did not understand. What did he mean?
塞巴斯蒂安走到她旁边做出怪模怪样的手势。他是什么意思呢?
Later, though, when she climbed into her high bed, she found her old beloved straw hat hidden under her cover.
后来,海蒂爬上她高高的大床时,发现被子里藏着那顶心爱的破草帽。
So Sebastian had saved it for her and had tried to tell her!
原来塞巴斯蒂安替她保存了草帽,而且还想告诉她!
She crushed it for joy, and wrapping it in a handkerchief, she hid it in the furthest corner of her wardrobe.
她高兴地把它揉成一团,用手绢包好,藏在衣柜最里面的角落里。