The Saudis need to come to their senses.
沙特人需要清醒过来。
They have committed a humongous blunder very much against their own economic and security interests, as well as ours.
他们犯了一个巨大的错误,极大地损害了他们自己的经济和安全利益,也损害了我们的利益。
The only apparent purpose of this cut in oil supplies is to help the Russians and harm Americans.
削减石油供应唯一的明显意图是帮助俄罗斯,伤害美国。
It was unprovoked and unforced as an error.
这是无缘无故的,沙特自己造成的错误。
When Americans are facing a crisis because of Putin, when we're paying more at the pump, our ally, someone who we have helped for decades, should be trying to help the American people.
当美国人因为普京而面临危机时,当我们在加油站需要付更多钱时,我们的盟友,一个我们几十年来一直在帮助的国家,应该努力帮助美国人民。
Instead, they're hurting the American people.
然而他们却在伤害美国人民。
One of the consequences should be a temporary halt in arm sales.
因此,美国应当暂停对沙特的武器销售。
I am very hopeful that the President will act immediately.
我非常希望总统立即采取行动。
He has the power to stop these sales, and he should exercise that power in my view.
他有权暂停武器销售,在我看来,他应该行使这一权力。
But, we hope that this legislation will provide an impetus for the Saudis to reconsider this action and reverse it.
但是,我们希望这项立法能够促使沙特重新考虑它的决定并做出改变。