At last he saw Miyuki coming toward him, and the sight of her made his own face light up like the sun.
最后,他看到鸠山幸朝他走来,看到她,他的脸像太阳一样亮了起来。
"Hello, Miyuki,"Yasuo said. He took both her hands in his and stared into her lovely dark eyes.
“你好,鸠山幸,”Yasuo说。他握住她的双手,凝视着她那双可爱的黑眼睛。
"Hello, Yasuo,"Miyuki said."What is it you have to ask me?"
“你好,Yasuo”鸠山幸说。“你有什么问题要问我?”
Yasuo cleared his throat several times before he spoke.
Yasuo在说话前清了几次嗓子。
"Miyuki,"he said."Soon I will finish my studies, and then"-Yasuo squeezed her hands tightly-
“鸠山幸,”他说。“我很快就要毕业了,然后”——Yasuo紧紧地握着她的手——
"and then... will you marry me?
“然后…你愿意嫁给我吗?
I promise that if you say yes, I will be as devoted to you as Hachiko was to Professor Ueno for all the days of my life."
我保证,如果你答应了,我就会像八公对待上野教授那样对待你一辈子。”
Yasuo and Miyuki both turned toward the statue of Hachiko siting up so tall and proud.
Yasuo和鸠山幸都看向了高大又骄傲的八公雕像。
Then they turned back toward each other.
然后他们转身面对彼此。
Miyuki looked into Yasuo's eyes.
鸠山幸看着Yasuo的眼睛。
Her lips curved up into a smile, and the dimple he loved so well appeared in her left cheek.
她的嘴唇向上翘起,露出一个微笑,他深爱着的酒窝出现在她的左颊上。
"Yes, Yasuo,I will marry you," she said, her voice full of happiness.
“我愿意,Yasuo,我愿意嫁给你,”她说,声音里充满了幸福。
"And I promise that for all the days of my life, I will be as devoted to you as you were to Chuken Hachiko, the faithful dog of Japan."
“我保证,在我生命的每一天,我都会像日本那只忠诚的狗--忠犬八公一样爱你。”