手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第819期:权力的游戏提利昂(11)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • "The Tower of the Hand is watched, you know as well as I
  • “首相塔一直受到监视,你跟我一样心里有数。
  • Cersei would be certain to grow curious if Lollys's bedmaid starting paying me calls."
  • 如果洛丽丝的女仆老是往我这儿跑,瑟曦不起疑才怪。”
  • "I might be able to slip the child into your bedchamber unseen.
  • “也许,我有办法将那孩子神不知鬼不觉地送进您的房间。
  • Chataya's is not the only house to boast a hidden door."
  • 有密门的可不止莎塔雅那一家。”
  • "A secret access? To my chambers?"
  • “密门?到我的房间?”
  • Tyrion was more annoyed than surprised.
  • 提利昂恼怒更甚于吃惊。
  • Why else would Maegor the Cruel have ordered death for all the builders who had worked on his castle, except to preserve such secrets?
  • 当然是这样,否则“残酷的梅葛”为何处死所有建造城堡的工人?定是为了保密。
  • "Yes, I suppose there would be.
  • “是,我猜也是。
  • Where will I find the door? In my solar? My bedchamber?"
  • 告诉我,门在哪里?在书房?在卧室?”
  • "My friend, you would not force me to reveal all my little secrets, would you?"
  • “我的朋友,你不会忍心要我把所有的小秘密都说出来,对吧?”
  • "Henceforth think of them as our little secrets, Varys."
  • “从今往后,把它们当做我们的小秘密,瓦里斯。”
  • Tyrion glanced up at the eunuch in his smelly mummer's garb.
  • 提利昂抬头看看太监,他还穿着那件臭哄哄的服装。
  • "Assuming you are on my side..."
  • “假如你站在我这边的话……”
  • "Can you doubt it?"
  • “这有什么可怀疑的呢?”
  • "Why no, I trust you implicitly."
  • “是啊,我完全信任你。”
  • A bitter laugh echoed off the shuttered windows.
  • 一阵苦笑回荡在紧闭的窗户之间。
  • "I trust you like one of my own blood, in truth.
  • “说真的,我当你是我的血亲骨肉一般地信赖。
  • Now tell me how Cortnay Penrose died."
  • 好吧,告诉我,科塔奈·庞洛斯是怎么死的?”
  • "It is said that he threw himself from a tower."
  • “据说他跳楼自尽。”
  • "Threw himself? No, I will not believe that!"
  • “跳楼自尽?不可能,我不相信!”
  • "His guards saw no man enter his chambers, nor did they find any within afterward."
  • “他的卫兵没见人进他房间,之后也没在里面找到任何人。”
  • "Then the killer entered earlier and hid under the bed," Tyrion suggested,
  • “或许杀手事先便躲在屋里,藏在床底下。”提利昂设想,
  • "or he climbed down from the roof on a rope.
  • “又或者从屋顶上通过绳子爬进去。
  • Perhaps the guards are lying.
  • 再或者正是卫兵在说谎,
  • Who's to say they did not do the thing themselves?"
  • 谁知道是不是他们自己干的呢?”
  • "Doubtless you are right, my lord."
  • “无疑您是对的,大人。”
  • His smug tone said otherwise.
  • 他自鸣得意的语气明摆着不以为然。
  • "But you do not think so? How was it done, then?"
  • “你不这么认为?这到底是怎么回事?”
  • For a long moment Varys said nothing.
  • 瓦里斯很久都没有说话。
  • The only sound was the stately clack of horseshoes on cobbles.
  • 唯一的声音只是马蹄踏在鹅卵石上那庄严肃穆的嗒嗒声。
  • Finally the eunuch cleared his throat.
  • 最后,太监清了清嗓子:
  • "My lord, do you believe in the old powers?"
  • “大人,您相信古老的力量吗?”
  • "Magic, you mean?" Tyrion said impatiently.
  • “你是指魔法?”提利昂不耐烦地说。
  • "Bloodspells, curses, shapeshifting, those sorts of things?" He snorted.
  • “血魔法,诅咒,易形术……诸如此类?”他哼了一声。
  • "Do you mean to suggest that Ser Cortnay was magicked to his death?"
  • “你在暗示,科塔奈爵士死于魔法?”


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"The Tower of the Hand is watched, you know as well as I

“首相塔一直受到监视,你跟我一样心里有数。

Cersei would be certain to grow curious if Lollys's bedmaid starting paying me calls."

如果洛丽丝的女仆老是往我这儿跑,瑟曦不起疑才怪。”

"I might be able to slip the child into your bedchamber unseen.

“也许,我有办法将那孩子神不知鬼不觉地送进您的房间。

Chataya's is not the only house to boast a hidden door."

有密门的可不止莎塔雅那一家。”

"A secret access? To my chambers?"

“密门?到我的房间?”

Tyrion was more annoyed than surprised.

提利昂恼怒更甚于吃惊。

Why else would Maegor the Cruel have ordered death for all the builders who had worked on his castle, except to preserve such secrets?

当然是这样,否则“残酷的梅葛”为何处死所有建造城堡的工人?定是为了保密。

"Yes, I suppose there would be.

“是,我猜也是。

Where will I find the door? In my solar? My bedchamber?"

告诉我,门在哪里?在书房?在卧室?”

"My friend, you would not force me to reveal all my little secrets, would you?"

“我的朋友,你不会忍心要我把所有的小秘密都说出来,对吧?”

"Henceforth think of them as our little secrets, Varys."

“从今往后,把它们当做我们的小秘密,瓦里斯。”

Tyrion glanced up at the eunuch in his smelly mummer's garb.

提利昂抬头看看太监,他还穿着那件臭哄哄的服装。

"Assuming you are on my side..."

“假如你站在我这边的话……”

"Can you doubt it?"

“这有什么可怀疑的呢?”

"Why no, I trust you implicitly."

“是啊,我完全信任你。”

A bitter laugh echoed off the shuttered windows.

一阵苦笑回荡在紧闭的窗户之间。

"I trust you like one of my own blood, in truth.

“说真的,我当你是我的血亲骨肉一般地信赖。

Now tell me how Cortnay Penrose died."

好吧,告诉我,科塔奈·庞洛斯是怎么死的?”

"It is said that he threw himself from a tower."

“据说他跳楼自尽。”

"Threw himself? No, I will not believe that!"

“跳楼自尽?不可能,我不相信!”

"His guards saw no man enter his chambers, nor did they find any within afterward."

“他的卫兵没见人进他房间,之后也没在里面找到任何人。”

"Then the killer entered earlier and hid under the bed," Tyrion suggested,

“或许杀手事先便躲在屋里,藏在床底下。”提利昂设想,

"or he climbed down from the roof on a rope.

“又或者从屋顶上通过绳子爬进去。

Perhaps the guards are lying.

再或者正是卫兵在说谎,

Who's to say they did not do the thing themselves?"

谁知道是不是他们自己干的呢?”

"Doubtless you are right, my lord."

“无疑您是对的,大人。”

His smug tone said otherwise.

他自鸣得意的语气明摆着不以为然。

"But you do not think so? How was it done, then?"

“你不这么认为?这到底是怎么回事?”

For a long moment Varys said nothing.

瓦里斯很久都没有说话。

The only sound was the stately clack of horseshoes on cobbles.

唯一的声音只是马蹄踏在鹅卵石上那庄严肃穆的嗒嗒声。

Finally the eunuch cleared his throat.

最后,太监清了清嗓子:

"My lord, do you believe in the old powers?"

“大人,您相信古老的力量吗?”

"Magic, you mean?" Tyrion said impatiently.

“你是指魔法?”提利昂不耐烦地说。

"Bloodspells, curses, shapeshifting, those sorts of things?" He snorted.

“血魔法,诅咒,易形术……诸如此类?”他哼了一声。

"Do you mean to suggest that Ser Cortnay was magicked to his death?"

“你在暗示,科塔奈爵士死于魔法?”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
preserve [pri'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 保存,保留,维护
n. 蜜饯,禁猎区

联想记忆
reveal [ri'vi:l]

想一想再看

vt. 显示,透露
n. (外墙与门或窗之间的

 
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
tone [təun]

想一想再看

n. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调
vt. 使

 
smug [smʌg]

想一想再看

adj. 自以为是的,整洁的

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
slip [slip]

想一想再看

v. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱
n. 滑倒,溜走

 
boast [bəust]

想一想再看

v. 吹牛,自夸,说大话
n. 自吹自擂,自夸

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
castle ['kɑ:sl]

想一想再看

n. 城堡
v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。