"In the kitchens." Her voice was flat.
“在厨房里,”她淡淡地说,
"Scouring pots."
“洗碗擦锅。”
"For a short while."
“暂时而已。”
"My father made me his kitchen wench,"
“我父亲逼我当他的厨娘,”
she said, her mouth twisting.
她咬牙切齿地说。
"That was why I ran off."
“所以我逃了。”
"You told me you ran off because your father made you his whore," he reminded her.
“你不是说逃跑因为你父亲要把你占为己有么?”他提醒她。
"That too. I didn't like scouring his pots no more than I liked his cock in me."
“那也没错。我不喜欢洗碗擦锅,也不喜欢他那玩意儿在我身体里。”
She tossed her head.
她甩甩头。
"Why can't you keep me in your tower?
“您为什么不能把我收留进您的塔?
Half the lords at court keep bedwarmers."
朝中一半的老爷都有情妇暖床。”
"I was expressly forbidden to take you to court."
“我被明令禁止带你进宫。”
"By your stupid father." Shae pouted.
“都是你那笨蛋老爸害的。”雪伊撅起嘴。
"You're old enough to keep all the whores you want.
“你已经长大了,想养多少妓女是你的事,
Does he take you for a beardless boy?
他还当你是嘴上无毛的孩子哪?
What could he do, spank you?"
他能拿你怎样,打屁股?”
He slapped her. Not hard, but hard enough.
他打了她一巴掌。不是很重,却也不轻。
"Damn you," he said. "Damn you. Never mock me. Not you."
“你混蛋,”他说。“你混蛋。不许嘲笑我。你不可以。”
For a moment Shae did not speak.
好一阵子,雪伊没有说话,
The only sound was the cricket, chirping, chirping.
四下只听见蟋蟀啾鸣。
"Beg pardon, m'lord," she said at last, in a heavy wooden voice.
“请原谅,大人,”最后,她用低沉木然的声音道,
"I never meant to be impudent."
“我不是故意放肆。”
And I never meant to strike you.
我也不是故意要打你。
Gods be good, am I turning into Cersei?
诸神慈悲,我快变成瑟曦了吗?
"That was ill done," he said.
“很抱歉,”他说,
"On both our parts. Shae, you do not understand."
“我们都有错。可是,雪伊,你不明白。”
Words he had never meant to speak came tumbling out of him like mummers from a hollow horse.
那些他不想提起的话滔滔不绝地从嘴里涌出,就如一匹马在低声沉吟。
"When I was thirteen, I wed a crofter's daughter.
“我十三岁那年,跟一个农夫的女儿结了婚,
Or so I thought her.
或者说我以为她是农夫之女。
I was blind with love for her, and thought she felt the same for me, but my father rubbed my face in the truth.
我被爱情冲昏了头脑,盲目地爱着她,还认为她对我也有相同的感觉,是我父亲逼我看清了真相。
My bride was a whore Jaime had hired to give me my first taste of manhood."
原来我的新娘是詹姆雇的妓女,他找她来让我初验男女之事。”
And I believed all of it, fool that I was.
而我居然对这一切深信不疑,真是个无可救药的大傻瓜。“
"To drive the lesson home, Lord Tywin gave my wife to a barracks of his guardsmen to use as they pleased, and commanded me to watch."
为了让教训更彻底,泰温公爵将我妻子交给整营的卫兵,让他们随意享用,并命令我全程观看。”
And to take her one last time, after the rest were done.
等所有人完事之后,他要我跟她再做一次,
One last time, with no trace of love or tenderness remaining.
最后一次,抹去所有爱恋和温柔的记忆。“
"So you will remember her as she truly is," he said,
这样你才能记住真正的她,”他说,
and I should have defied him, but my cock betrayed me, and I did as I was bid. "
我本该违抗他的,但我的老二却背叛了我,于是我照做不误。“