"Call? I only..."
“叫什么?我是……”
The silver in Symon's tongue seemed to have turned to lead.
西蒙的银舌似乎成了铅舌。
"My lord Hand, I said, an honor..."
“首相大人,我是说,真是荣幸……”
"A wiser man would have pretended not to recognize me.
“聪明人就会假装不认识我,
Not that I would have been fooled, but you ought to have tried.
这虽然骗不过我,但你总该试试。
What am I to do with you now?
现在,我该拿你怎么办呢?
You know of my sweet Shae, you know where she dwells, you know that I visit by night alone."
你知道我可爱的雪伊,你知道她住哪儿,你还知道我会在夜里单独造访。”
"I swear, I'll tell no one..."
“大人!我发誓,决不告诉任何人……”
"On that much we agree. Good night to you."
“至少这点我们有共识。祝你晚安。”
Tyrion led Shae up the stairs.
说罢,提利昂带雪伊上楼。
"My singer may never sing again now," she teased.
“这下我的歌手再也不会唱歌了呢,”她撒娇道,
"You've scared the voice from him."
“您把他的声音全吓跑了。”
"A little fear will help him reach those high notes."
“一点点恐惧,有助于他酝酿高音。”
She closed the door to their bedchamber.
她关上卧室门。
"You won't hurt him, will you?"
“您不会伤害他,对不对?”
She lit a scented candle and knelt to pull off his boots.
她点燃一支薰香蜡烛,跪下来替他脱鞋。
"His songs cheer me on the nights you don't come."
“您不来的晚上,他的歌给我安慰。”
"Would that I could come every night," he said as she rubbed his bare feet.
“我当然希望每晚都能来,宝贝。”他一边说,她一边替他按摩脚掌。
"How well does he sing?"
“他唱得怎样?”
"Better than some. Not so good as others."
“不好也不坏,算是凑合吧。”
Tyrion opened her robe and buried his face between her breasts.
提利昂掀开她的长袍,将脸埋进她的双乳。
She always smelled clean to him, even in this reeking sty of a city.
即便整个城市像猪圈一样发臭,她的胸前却总是芳香。
"Keep him if you like, but keep him close.
“你喜欢就留着他,但要看紧,
I won't have him wandering the city spreading tales in pot-shops."
不许他在城里乱晃,到酒馆里说三道四。”
"He won't—" she started.
“他不会——”她刚开口,
Tyrion covered her mouth with his own.
嘴巴就被提利昂的唇封住。
He'd had talk enough; he needed the sweet simplicity of the pleasure he found between Shae's thighs.
今天,话已经说得够多,他只想在雪伊双股之间寻求那简单甜蜜的欢愉。
Here, at least, he was welcome, wanted.
至少在这儿,他受欢迎,他被需要。
Afterward, he eased his arm out from under her head, slipped on his tunic, and went down to the garden.
事后,他把胳膊从她头下抽出,穿上外衣,走到花园。
A half-moon silvered the leaves of the fruit trees and shone on the surface of the stone bathing pond.
半个月亮照得果树的叶子银光闪闪,亦倒映在石头浴池的水面上,波光荡漾。
Tyrion seated himself beside the water.
提利昂径自在水边坐下,
Somewhere off to his right a cricket was chirping, a curiously homey sound.
右边某处,一只蟋蟀啾啾呜叫,此情此景,真令人舒适自在。
It is peaceful here, he thought, but for how long?
好平静啊,他心想,但能维持多久呢?
A whiff of something rank made him turn his head.
一阵臭气突然袭来,他转过头。
Shae stood in the door behind him, dressed in the silvery robe he'd given her.
雪伊站在门边,穿着他送的银袍。
I loved a maid as white as winter, with moonglow in her hair.
我爱上一位白如冬雪的少女,月光映在她的耳鬓。