手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第808期:权力的游戏琼恩(08)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"I am loath to risk more men."

“我不愿让弟兄们置身险境。”

"We can only die.

“我们无非是一死,

Why else do we don these black cloaks, but to die in defense of the realm?

想想看,咱们为什么穿上黑衣,不就为了誓死保卫王国安泰吗?

I would send fifteen men, in three parties of five.

依我之见,应即刻派出十五名斥候,分为三组,每队五人。

One to probe the Milkwater, one the Skirling Pass, one to climb the Giant's Stair.

一组探察乳河沿岸,一组去风声峡,另一组则着手攀登巨人梯。

Jarman Buckwell, Thoren Smallwood, and myself to command.

三队人马分别由贾曼·布克威尔,索伦·斯莫伍德和我指挥。

To learn what waits in those mountains."

我们一定要找出群山之后等待我们的是什么。”

"Waits," the raven cried. "Waits."

“等待,”乌鸦叫道,“等待。”

Lord Commander Mormont sighed deep in his chest.

莫尔蒙司令官发自肺腑地一声长叹。

"I see no other choice," he conceded,

“也没别的选择,”他勉强让步,

"but if you do not return..."

“如果你们回不来……”

"Someone will come down out of the Frostfangs, my lord," the ranger said.

“终归有人会从霜雪之牙上下来,大人,”游骑兵道,

"If us, all well and good.

“若是我们,一切正常;

If not, it will be Mance Rayder, and you sit square in his path.

倘非如此,那肯定是曼斯·雷德,而你正好扼住咽喉要道。

He cannot march south and leave you behind, to follow and harry his rear.

他不可能把你们置之不理,扑往南方,因为这样他的后卫和辎重就不得安宁。

He must attack. This is a strong place."

他必须强攻,而此地恰好易守难攻。”

"Not that strong," said Mormont.

“这里没那么坚固,”莫尔蒙道。

"Belike we shall all die, then.

“我们最多集体殉职。

Our dying will buy time for our brothers on the Wall.

但我们的死能为长城上的弟兄们赢得必要的时间。

Time to garrison the empty castles and freeze shut the gates,

为他们赢得据守空堡、封锁城门的时间;

time to summon lords and kings to their aid, time to hone their axes and repair their catapults.

为他们赢得寻求国王和领主们援助的时间;为他们赢得擦亮斧头、修理弩炮的时间。

Our lives will be coin well spent."

我们牺牲性命是值得的。”

"Die," the raven muttered, pacing along Mormont's shoulders.

“殉职,”乌鸦咕哝道,一边在熊老肩膀上走来走去。

"Die, die, die, die."

“殉职,殉职,殉职,殉职。”

The old Bear sat slumped and silent, as if the burden of speech had grown too heavy for him to bear.

熊老消沉而静默地坐着,好似无力承担这番演说所交付的重担。

But at last he said, "May the gods forgive me.

良久,他开口道:“愿诸神宽恕我。

Choose your men."

你去挑你的人吧。”

Qhorin Halfhand turned his head.

断掌科林转头,

His eyes met Jon's, and held them for a long moment.

目光和琼恩交会,彼此对视了很长时间。

"Very well. I choose Jon Snow."

“很好。我要琼恩·雪诺。”

Mormont blinked. "

莫尔蒙眨眨眼。

He is hardly more than a boy.

“他还是个孩子啊,

And my steward besides. Not even a ranger."

也是我的事务官,连游骑兵都不是。”

"Tollett can care for you as well, my lord."

“有托勒特照顾你应该够了,大人。”

Qhorin lifted his maimed, two-fingered hand.

科林抬起只剩两根指头的残废手掌。

"The old gods are still strong beyond the Wall.

“长城之外,旧神的力量依旧强大。

The gods of the First Men... and the Starks."

他们是先民的神灵……史塔克家族的神灵。”

Mormont looked at Jon.

莫尔蒙望向琼恩。

"What is your will in this?"

“你怎么说?”

"To go," he said at once.

“我愿意,”他立刻回答。

The old man smiled sadly.

老人哀伤地笑笑。

"I thought it might be."

“果然如此。”

Dawn had broken when Jon stepped from the tent beside Qhorin Halfhand.

当琼恩和断掌并肩走出营帐时,天色已然破晓。

The wind swirled around them, stirring their black cloaks and sending a scatter of red cinders flying from the fire.

寒风在他们身边呼号,卷起黑斗篷,空中飞舞着从篝火余烬中吹出的淡红细渣。

"We ride at noon," the ranger told him. "

“咱们正午出发,”游骑兵告诉他。

Best find that wolf of yours."

“去找你的狼。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
realm [relm]

想一想再看

n. 王国,领域

联想记忆
probe [prəub]

想一想再看

n. 探针,探测器,调查,查究
v. 用探针测

联想记忆
defense [di'fens]

想一想再看

n. 防卫,防卫物,辩护
vt. 防守

 
scatter ['skætə]

想一想再看

n. 散布,零星少量
vt. 驱散,散播

 
hone [həun]

想一想再看

n. 细磨刀石 vt. 磨刀,磨练 vi. 渴望,抱怨

联想记忆
tent [tent]

想一想再看

n. 帐篷
v. 住帐篷,宿营

 
ranger ['reindʒə]

想一想再看

n. 守林人,骑警,突击队员

联想记忆
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
command [kə'mɑ:nd]

想一想再看

n. 命令,指挥,控制
v. 命令,指挥,支配

联想记忆
commander [kə'mɑ:ndə]

想一想再看

n. 司令官,指挥官

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。