手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第804期:权力的游戏琼恩(04)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Jon had to hurry his steps to keep up with Qhorin's long strides.

琼恩发现自己不得不加快行进才能跟上科林的大步。

"Lord Rickard died before I was born."

“瑞卡德大人在我出生之前就过世了。”

"He was a friend to the Watch." Qhorin glanced behind.

“他是守夜人军团的盟友。”科林的视线扫向一旁。

"It is said that a direwolf runs with you."

“听说你有个冰原狼伙伴。”

"Ghost should be back by dawn. He hunts at night."

“白灵要天亮才会回来。他总是晚上打猎。”

They found Dolorous Edd frying a rasher of bacon and boiling a dozen eggs in a kettle over the Old Bear's cookfire.

走到帐前,只见忧郁的艾迪正煎着培根,并用搁在篝火上的壶煮一堆鸡蛋。

Mormont sat in his woodand-leather camp chair.

莫尔蒙端坐在他那张木头与皮革制成的折椅上。

"I had begun to fear for you.

“我都快为你担心了。

Did you meet with trouble?"

有麻烦?”

"We met with Alfyn Crowkiller.

“我们碰上‘猎鸦’阿夫因。

Mance had sent him to scout along the Wall, and we chanced on him returning."

曼斯派他沿长城打探巡逻,折返时正好撞上我们。”

Qhorin removed his helm.

科林摘下头盔。

"Alfyn will trouble the realm no longer, but some of his company escaped us.

“阿夫因再不能祸害王国,可他有不少手下逃了出去。

We hunted down as many as we could, but it may be that a few will win back to the mountains."

我们已尽力追捕,但仍有少数人遁入群山之中。”

"And the cost?"

“代价是?”

"Four brothers dead. A dozen wounded.

“死了四个兄弟,伤了十来个。

A third as many as the foe. And we took captives.

敌人的损失是我们的三倍。我们还抓到了俘虏,

One died quickly from his wounds, but the other lived long enough to be questioned."

其中一个伤势太重很快没了命,另一个活得比较久,套出些情报。”

"Best talk of this inside.

“这话最好进来谈。

Jon will fetch you a horn of ale.

先让琼恩帮你打啤酒?

Or would you prefer hot spiced wine?"

或者,香料热酒怎么样?”

"Boiled water will suffice. An egg and a bite of bacon."

“一杯热水就好。再来点培根、一只鸡蛋。”

"As you wish."

“好吧。”

Mormont lifted the flap of the tent and Qhorin Halfhand stooped and stepped through.

莫尔蒙拉起帐门,断掌科林俯身进入。

Edd stood over the kettle swishing the eggs about with a spoon.

艾迪站在壶边,用勺子搅拌鸡蛋。

"I envy those eggs," he said.

“我羡慕这些蛋,”他说,

"I could do with a bit of boiling about now.

“如果我能这么热腾腾的就好了。

If the kettle were larger, I might jump in.

对了,壶子得再大点,好让我跳进去。

Though I would sooner it were wine than water.

哎,里面煮的是酒才好呢,

There are worse ways to die than warm and drunk.

有什么比暖暖和和、醉意朦胧更好的死法呢?

I knew a brother drowned himself in wine once.

从前我认识的一个兄弟便是被酒淹死的,

It was a poor vintage, though, and his corpse did not improve it."

可那酒好差劲,他尸体的味道更是火上浇油。”

"You drank the wine?"

“你把酒喝了?”

"It's an awful thing to find a brother dead.

“碰上兄弟过世是件触霉头的事儿。

You'd have need of a drink as well, Lord Snow."

换做你也会灌几口的,雪诺大人。”

Edd stirred the kettle and added a pinch more nutmeg.

艾迪搅搅壶子,加入一撮豆蔻。

Restless, Jon squatted by the fire and poked at it with a stick.

琼恩不安地在火边蹲下来,拿棍子拨火。

He could hear the Old Bear's voice inside the tent, punctuated by the raven's squawks and Qhorin Halfhand's quieter tones,

他听见帐篷里传来熊老的嗓门,不时还间杂着乌鸦的控诉和断掌科林平静的语调,

but he could not make out the words.

但他分辨不清到底在说什么。

Alfyn Crowkiller dead, that's good.

他们击毙了猎鸦阿夫因,这是个好消息。

He was one of the bloodiest of the wildling raiders, taking his name from the black brothers he'd slain.

此人是最为残忍嗜血的野人土匪之一,这个‘猎鸦”的外号便得自于他捕杀了大批黑衣兄弟。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
suffice [sə'fais]

想一想再看

vi. 足够,合格
vt. 使 ... 足够

联想记忆
pinch [pintʃ]

想一想再看

n. 捏,一撮,少量,困苦,偷窃
vt. 掐,

联想记忆
flap [flæp]

想一想再看

n. 拍打,拍打声,片状垂悬物(口袋盖等),副翼

 
realm [relm]

想一想再看

n. 王国,领域

联想记忆
horn [hɔ:n]

想一想再看

n. 动物角,喇叭,触角,角状物,力量源泉

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
tent [tent]

想一想再看

n. 帐篷
v. 住帐篷,宿营

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。