My brother left the greater part of his power at Bitterbridge, near sixty thousand foot.
我弟弟把军队主力留在苦桥,有将近六万步兵。
I sent my wife's brother Ser Errol with Ser Parmen Crane to take them under my command, but they have not returned.
我派我妻子的兄弟埃伦爵士以及帕门·克连恩爵士前去接管,但至今没有回音。
I fear that Ser Loras Tyrell reached Bitterbridge before my envoys, and took that host for his own."
我怀疑洛拉斯·提利尔爵士抢在他们之前赶到苦桥,掌控了兵权。”
"All the more reason to take King's Landing as soon as we may.
“这一切都在敦促我们尽快拿下君临啊。
Salladhor Saan told me—"
萨拉多·桑恩告诉我——”
"Salladhor Saan thinks only of gold!" Stannis exploded.
“萨拉多·桑恩算计的只有黄金!”史坦尼斯爆发了。
"His head is full of dreams of the treasure he fancies lies under the Red Keep, so let us hear no more of Salladhor Saan.
“他满脑子幻想的都是红堡底下埋藏的财宝。别再让我听到他的名字,
The day I need military counsel from a Lysene brigand is the day I put off my crown and take the black."
如果哪天我得让里斯海盗来教我打仗,我宁可摘下王冠,穿上黑衣!”
The king made a fist.
国王捏紧拳头。
"Are you here to serve me, smuggler? Or to vex me with arguments?"
“走私者,你是要为我效劳?还是要跟我作无谓辩论?”
"I am yours," Davos said.
“我是您的人,”戴佛斯说。
"Then hear me.
“那就乖乖听好。
Ser Cortnay's lieutenant is cousin to the Fossoways.
科塔奈爵士的副手是佛索威家族的远亲,
Lord Meadows, a green boy of twenty.
梅斗大人,此人虽是位伯爵领主,却还年仅二十,没上过战场。
Should some ill chance strike down Penrose, command of Storm's End would pass to this stripling,
如果庞洛斯不幸身亡,风息堡的指挥权将落入这小子手中,
and his cousins believe he would accept my terms and yield up the castle."
他的佛索威亲戚们向我保证他会接受我的条件,献城投降。”
"I remember another stripling who was given command of Storm's End.
“我记得在危机关头,风息堡的大权也曾落入另一位小伙子手中。
He could not have been much more than twenty."
当时他才二十出头。”
"Lord Meadows is not as stonehead stubborn as I was."
“梅斗伯爵没有我这个顽固的石脑袋。”
"Stubborn or craven, what does it matter?
“他顽固还是懦弱有什么区别?
Ser Cortnay Penrose seemed hale and hearty to me."
科塔奈·庞洛斯爵士在我看来正是容光焕发,老当益壮。”
"So did my brother, the day before his death.
“我弟弟当初不也一样,临死前一天还有说有笑。
The night is dark and full of terrors, Davos."
然而长夜黑暗,处处险恶啊,戴佛斯。”
Davos Seaworth felt the small hairs rising on the back of his neck.
戴佛斯·席渥斯感觉后颈一股寒气直向上冒。
"My lord, I do not understand you."
“陛下,我不明白您的意思。”
"I do not require your understanding.
“你不需要明白。
Only your service.
你只需遵令办事。
Ser Cortnay will be dead within the day.
科塔奈爵士会在一天之内死去。
Melisandre has seen it in the flames of the future.
梅丽珊卓已经在圣火之中预见了他的死亡,
His death and the manner of it.
不仅知道他的死期,而且知道他的死法。
He will not die in knightly combat, needless to say."
不用说,他并非死于骑士决斗。”
Stannis held out his cup, and Devan filled it again from the flagon.
史坦尼斯举起杯子,戴冯连忙用水壶倒水。
"Her flames do not lie.
“她的圣火预言从无虚假。
She saw Renly's doom as well.
从前,她预见过蓝礼的毁灭,
On Dragonstone she saw it, and told Selyse.
早在龙石岛时便见到了,并告诉了赛丽丝。