手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第791期:权力的游戏戴佛斯(9)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

In many places it had come before them, poisoning the well for their own true tale.

很多地方这谣言甚至比他的船还先到,让他带来的事实的可信度大打折扣。

"Robert could piss in a cup and men would call it wine,

“劳勃就算尿在杯子里让人喝,很多人也会心甘情愿地说那是美酒。

but I offer them pure cold water and they squint in suspicion and mutter to each other about how queer it tastes."

我给他们纯净的凉水,他们却要眯起眼睛疑神疑鬼,喝完还会窃窃私语水的味道不对劲!”

Stannis ground his teeth.

史坦尼斯咬紧牙关。

OIP-C (1).jpg

"If someone said I had magicked myself into a boar to kill Robert, likely they would believe that as well."

“哪天要是有人造谣,说杀死劳勃的那头猪被我施法附了体,我看他们八成也会相信。”

"You cannot stop them talking, my liege," Davos said,

“天下悠悠众口,您是防不住的,陛下,”戴佛斯说,

"but when you take your vengeance on your brothers' true killers, the realm will know such tales for lies."

“但您只要揪出杀害您哥哥们的真凶,为他们报仇雪恨,所有的谎言就不攻自破了。”

Stannis only seemed to half hear him.

对他的话,史坦尼斯似乎只在意一半。

"I have no doubt that Cersei had a hand in Robert's death.

“我毫不怀疑瑟曦与劳勃之死脱不了干系。

I will have justice for him.

我会为他讨回公道,

Aye, and for Ned Stark and Jon Arryn as well."

嗯,也会还奈德·史塔克和琼恩·艾林一个公道。”

"And for Renly?" The words were out before Davos could stop to consider them.

“那蓝礼呢?”戴佛斯还不及考虑,这句话便冲口而出。

For a long time the king did not speak.

国王沉默许久,

Then, very softly, he said,

最后才轻声说:

"I dream of it sometimes. Of Renly's dying.

“我梦见很多次,梦见蓝礼的死。

A green tent, candles, a woman screaming. And blood."

那是一座绿色的帐篷,有蜡烛,尖叫的女人,还有血。”

Stannis looked down at his hands.

史坦尼斯低头看着自己的手。

"I was still abed when he died.

“他死的时候我还在睡觉,

Your Devan will tell you.

你的戴冯可以作证。

He tried to wake me.

当时他努力想摇醒我。

Dawn was nigh and my lords were waiting, fretting.

黎明已近,我的封臣们正在外面焦急万分地等候。

I should have been ahorse, armored.

我早该穿戴整齐,披挂上马,却不知怎地,竟然还躺在床上。

I knew Renly would attack at break of day.

蓝礼将在破晓之时发动进攻,

Devan says I thrashed and cried out, but what does it matter?

戴冯说我当时手脚挥打、大声哭喊着醒来,但那有什么关系?

It was a dream.

不过是梦而已。

I was in my tent when Renly died, and when I woke my hands were clean."

蓝礼死的时候我好端端地待在自己的营帐,醒来之时双手干干净净。”

Ser Davos Seaworth could feel his phantom fingertips start to itch.

戴佛斯·席渥斯爵士感觉到不存在的指尖正在发痒。

Something is wrong here, the onetime smuggler thought.

这里一定有什么蹊跷,前走私者心想,

Yet he nodded and said, "I see."

但他还是点点头,说:“是的。”

"Renly offered me a peach. At our parley.

“谈判时,蓝礼想送我一个桃子。

Mocked me, defied me, threatened me, and offered me a peach.

他嘲笑我,挑衅我,威胁我,最后想送我一个桃子。

I thought he was drawing a blade and went for mine own.

我本以为他是要拔剑,所以按住了自己的剑。

Was that his purpose, to make me show fear?

难道这就是他的意图,想让我显示恐惧?

Or was it one of his pointless jests?

这是他的又一个无聊玩笑?

When he spoke of how sweet the peach was, did his words have some hidden meaning?"

又或当他说起桃子多么可口时,其实别有深意?”

The king gave a shake of his head, like a dog shaking a rabbit to snap its neck.

国王用力摇头,活像一只咬住兔脖子摇晃的狗。

"Only Renly could vex me so with a piece of fruit.

“只有蓝礼,才能用一颗水果烦我如此。

He brought his doom on himself with his treason, but I did love him, Davos.

他的谋逆导致了毁灭,但我的确爱他,戴佛斯,如今我明白了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pointless ['pɔintlis]

想一想再看

adj. 不尖的,钝的,不得要领的

联想记忆
suspicion [səs'piʃən]

想一想再看

n. 猜疑,怀疑

联想记忆
vex [veks]

想一想再看

vt. 恼怒,使恼火

 
tent [tent]

想一想再看

n. 帐篷
v. 住帐篷,宿营

 
treason ['tri:zn]

想一想再看

n. 叛逆,通敌,背叛,叛国罪

 
stark [stɑ:k]

想一想再看

adj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad

 
blade [bleid]

想一想再看

n. 刀锋,刀口

 
mutter ['mʌtə]

想一想再看

v. 咕哝,抱怨,低语
n. 嘟哝,抱怨,低语

联想记忆
peach [pi:tʃ]

想一想再看

n. 桃子,桃树,桃红色
v. 揭发,检举

 
smuggler ['smʌglə]

想一想再看

n. 走私者

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。