Dany's wrist still tingled where Quaithe had touched her.
手腕上魁晰碰过的地方有些刺痛。
"Where would you have me go?" she asked.
“你要我去哪里?”她问。
"To go north, you must journey south.
“要去北方,你必须南行。
To reach the west, you must go east.
要达西境,你必须往东。
To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.
若要前进,你必须后退。若要光明,你必须通过阴影。”
"Asshai, Dany thought. She would have me go to Asshai.
亚夏,丹妮心想,她要我去亚夏。
"Will the Asshai'i give me an army?" she demanded.
“亚夏人会给我军队吗?”她问。
"Will there be gold for me in Asshai?
“在亚夏我能得到金钱吗?
Will there be ships?
那儿有船吗?
What is there in Asshai that I will not find in Qarth?"
亚夏有什么东西是我在魁尔斯找不到的?”
"Truth," said the woman in the mask.
“真相,”戴面具的女人回答,
And bowing, she faded back into the crowd.
接着她鞠了一躬,消失在人群中。
Rakharo snorted contempt through his drooping black mustachios.
拉卡洛从他下垂的黑胡子后面轻蔑地哼了一声,
"Khaleesi, better a man should swallow scorpions than trust in the spawn of shadows,
“卡丽熙,一个人宁肯吞下蝎子也好过相信黯影之子。
who dare not show their face beneath the sun.
他们不敢在目光下现出自己的脸。
It is known."
大家都知道。”
"It is known," Aggo agreed.
“大家都知道,”阿戈赞同。
Xaro Xhoan Daxos had watched the whole exchange from his cushions.
札罗·赞旺·达梭斯靠在垫子上把他们的整个对话都看在眼里。
When Dany climbed back into the palanquin beside him, he said,
等丹妮爬回舆车,坐到他身边,他说:
"Your savages are wiser than they know.
“你的野蛮人有他们所不自知的智慧。
Such truths as the Asshai'i hoard are not like to make you smile."
亚夏人所能提供的‘真相’会让你苦笑不得。”
Then he pressed another cup of wine on her, and spoke of love and lust and other trifles all the way back to his manse.
他又塞给她一杯酒,一路上谈论爱情与欲望之类的无聊话题,直到回到他的宅邸。
In the quiet of her chambers, Dany stripped off her finery and donned a loose robe of purple silk.
丹妮回到套房,总算得到了安静。她脱下华丽的服装,换上一件宽松的紫丝袍。
Her dragons were hungry, so she chopped up a snake and charred the pieces over a brazier.
她的龙都饿了,因此她切碎一条蛇,将一块块肉放在火盆上烧烤。
They are growing, she realized as she watched them snap and squabble over the blackened flesh.
它们在成长,她一边看着他们狼吞虎咽、互相争夺焦黑的肉,一边想。
They must weigh twice what they had in Vaes Tolorro.
它们比在维斯·托罗若时重了一倍,
Even so, it would be years before they were large enough to take to war.
即使如此,恐怕还要许多年它们才能长到上战场的地步。
And they must be trained as well, or they will lay my kingdom waste.
在此之前,它们还必须接受训练,否则会把我的王国化为废墟。
For all her Targaryen blood, Dany had not the least idea of how to train a dragon.
丹妮莉丝尽管有坦格利安家的真龙血统,却丝毫不懂如何驯龙。
Ser Jorah Mormont came to her as the sun was going down.
太阳西沉时,乔拉·莫尔蒙爵士来找她。
"The Pureborn refused you?"
“王族拒绝了您?”
"As you said they would.
“和你预测的一模一样。
Come, sit, give me your counsel."
来,坐下,我想听听你的建议。”
Dany drew him down to the cushions beside her, and Jhiqui brought them a bowl of purple olives and onions drowned in wine.
丹妮让他坐到自己身边的垫子上,姬琪送上一碗紫橄榄和泡在葡萄酒中的洋葱。
"You will get no help in this city, Khaleesi."
“您在这座城市得不到帮助,卡丽熙。”
Ser Jorah took an onion between thumb and forefinger.
乔拉爵士用拇指和食指夹起一颗洋葱。
"Each day I am more convinced of that than the day before.
“我一天比一天更肯定。