"Your dragon has a good nose." Xaro wiped his lips.
“您的龙鼻子不错。”札罗抹抹嘴唇。
"The wine is ordinary.
“这酒很普通。
It is said that across the jade Sea they make a golden vintage so fine that one sip makes all other wines taste like vinegar.
据说在玉海对面,有一种金色葡萄酒,口味之佳,只需呷上一小口,其他的酒喝起来便像醋一样。
Let us take my pleasure barge and go in search of it, you and I."
让我们乘坐我的豪华游艇去寻访吧,就我们俩。”
"The Arbor makes the best wine in the world," Dany declared.
“世上最好的葡萄酒产自青亭岛,”丹妮宣布。
Lord Redwyne had fought for her father against the Usurper, she remembered, one of the few to remain true to the last.
她记得雷德温伯爵曾为父亲跟篡夺者战斗,属于少数到最后仍保持忠诚的人。
Will he fight for me as well?
他也会为我而战吗?
There was no way to be certain after so many years.
许多年过去了,什么都无法确定。
"Come with me to the Arbor, Xaro, and you'll have the finest vintages you ever tasted.
“和我一起去青亭岛吧,札罗,去尝尝最美妙的佳酿。
But we'll need to go in a warship, not a pleasure barge."
但我们得坐战舰去,而不是游艇。”
"I have no warships. War is bad for trade.
“我没有战舰。战争对贸易不利。
Many times I have told you, Xaro Xhoan Daxos is a man of peace."
我告诉过您许多次了,札罗·赞旺·达梭斯是个和平主义者。”
Xaro Xhoan Daxos is a man of gold, she thought, and gold will buy me all the ships and swords I need.
札罗·赞旺·达梭斯是个拜金主义者,她想,但他的金钱可以为我买到需要的船只和战士。
"I have not asked you to take up a sword, only to lend me your ships."
“我又没让你拿剑,只是想借你的船。”
He smiled modestly.
他微微一笑。
"Of trading ships I have a few, that is so.
“没错,商船我是有几条,
Who can say how many?
但谁能说清明天又有多少呢?
One may be sinking even now, in some stormy corner of the Summer Sea.
或许此刻就有一艘船遭遇夏日之海的暴风雨,正在沉没呢。
On the morrow, another will fall afoul of corsairs.
等到明天,另一艘也许会撞上海盗,因而葬身海底。
The next day, one of my captains may look at the wealth in his hold and think.
再下一天呢,我的某位船长或许会觊觎舱中的财富,起了“这些都属于我”的念头。
All this should belong to me. Such are the perils of trade.
这些哪,都是做生意的风险。
Why, the longer we talk, the fewer ships I am likely to have.
您瞧瞧,我们聊得越久,我拥有的船就可能逐渐减少。
I grow poorer by the instant."
我每时每刻都在变穷。”
"Give me ships, and I will make you rich again."
“把船借给我,我保证让你连本带利地收回来。”
"Marry me, bright light, and sail the ship of my heart.
“嫁给我吧,璀璨之光,扬起我心中的风帆。
I cannot sleep at night for thinking of your beauty."
我想着您的美,夜夜无眠。”
Dany smiled.
丹妮微笑。
Xaro's flowery protestations of passion amused her, but his manner was at odds with his words.
札罗动人的感情宣言令她感到有趣,但他的言行并不一致。
While Ser Jorah had scarcely been able to keep his eyes from her bare breast when he'd helped her into the palanquin,
乔拉爵士扶她上车时,视线几乎无法从她裸露的一侧胸脯移开,
Xaro hardly deigned to notice it, even in these close confines.
但札罗即便在如此狭窄的空间里,也根本不在意她的身体。
And she had seen the beautiful boys who surrounded the merchant prince, flitting through his palace halls in wisps of silk.
她还发现无数的漂亮男孩聚集在这位巨商身边,穿着薄薄的丝绸在他的宫殿里来来去去。