"False envoys," Edmure declared.
“他们哪是什么使节,”艾德慕声明。
"They pledged me their peace and surrendered their weapons,
“他们保证会遵守和平,同时交出了武器,
so I allowed them freedom of the castle,
所以我允许他们在城堡内自由活动。
and for three nights they ate my meat and drank my mead whilst I talked with Ser Cleos.
前三个晚上,他们高高兴兴地同我们吃肉喝酒,我还陪那个克里奥爵士畅谈了一番,
On the fourth night, they tried to free the Kingslayer." He pointed up.
谁知到第四天夜里,这些人竟去营救弑君者,”他愤愤地说,
"That big brute killed two guards with naught but those ham hands of his,
“那个人高马大的畜生赤手空拳格杀了两个守卫,
caught them by the throats and smashed their skulls together while that skinny lad beside him was opening Lannister's cell with a bit of wire, gods curse him.
他用胳膊扣住他们的喉咙,把他们脑袋撞个粉碎。诸神诅咒他。
The one on the end was some sort of damned mummer.
随后他身边那个瘦骨伶仃的小猴子用半截金属线打开兰尼斯特的牢门,
He used my own voice to command that the River Gate be opened.
那边那个不知打哪儿来的挨千刀的戏子,居然扮出我的声音去命令守卫打开水门。
The guardsmen swear to it, Enger and Delp and Long Lew, all three.
恩格,德普和长人卢三个都发誓是这样。
If you ask me, the man sounded nothing like me, and yet the oafs were raising the portcullis all the same."
你瞧,我就不信有人的声音能和我一样,只怪这些呆子还是开了闸门。”
This was the Imp's work, Catelyn suspected;
这是小恶魔的把戏,凯特琳揣测,
it stank of the same sort of cunning he had displayed at the Eyrie.
早在鹰巢城时他便显出同样的狡黠。
Once, she would have named Tyrion the least dangerous of the Lannisters.
她一度以为提利昂是最不构成威胁的一个兰尼斯特,
Now she was not so certain.
如今可没那么确定。
"How is it you caught them?"
“你怎么抓住他们的?”
"Ah, as it happened, I was not in the castle.
“喔,事情发生时,我恰巧不在城里。
I'd crossed the Tumblestone to, ah..."
我去腾石河对面……喔……”
"You were whoring or wenching. Get on with the tale."
“混妓院还是去偷情?继续刚才的故事。”
Edmure's cheeks flamed as red as his beard.
艾德慕的脸变得跟胡子一般红。
"It was the hour before dawn, and I was only then returning.
“那天我回来得早,天亮前一个小时便从外面赶回。
When Long Lew saw my boat and recognized me, he finally thought to wonder who was standing below barking commands, and raised a cry."
长人卢远远看到我的船,认出我的面容,终于开始怀疑昨晚到底是谁在城下发号施令,便发出警报。”
"Tell me the Kingslayer was retaken."
“告诉我,你没有让弑君者跑掉。”
"Yes, though not easily.
“没有,但我们付出了巨大的代价。
Jaime got hold of a sword, slew Poul Pernford and Ser Desmond's squire Myles,
詹姆有剑,他杀了保罗·彭福德和戴斯蒙爵士的侍从米斯,
and wounded Delp so badly that Maester Vyman fears he'll soon die as well.
重伤德普,韦曼师傅说他也活不了几天了。
It was a bloody mess.
真是血战一场。
At the sound of steel, some of the other red cloaks rushed to join him, barehand or no.
打斗之中,许多红袍卫士跑来加入战团,有的空手,有的带了武器。
I hanged those beside the four who freed him, and threw the rest in the dungeons. Jaime too.
我把他们和那四个奸细一起吊死,余人打入地牢。詹姆也被关了进去。
We'll have no more escapes from that one.
我们不会再让他逃掉了,这一次,
He's down in the dark this time, chained hand and foot and bolted to the wall."
他被关进黑牢,戴上手铐脚镣,拴在墙上。”
"And Cleos Frey?"
“克里奥·佛雷呢?”
"He swears he knew naught of the plot. Who can say?
“他发誓一点也不知情。谁知道?
The man is half Lannister, half Frey, and all liar.
他一半是兰尼斯特,一半是佛雷,两者都是骗子。
I put him in Jaime's old tower cell."
我把他关进詹姆以前在塔里的囚室。”