手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第745期:权力的游戏凯特琳(04)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

"I swore a vow. Three times I swore. You heard me."

“我发过誓,一共发了三次。您也听到了。”

"I did," Catelyn admitted.

“是的,”凯特琳承认。

The girl had kept the rainbow cloak when she discarded the rest of her bloodstained clothing, she knew.

她知道,这女孩扔掉了所有染血的衣物,惟独不肯抛弃那件彩虹披风。

Brienne's own things had been left behind during their flight,

当初走得匆忙,布蕾妮的物品都不及带走,

and she had been forced to clothe herself in odd bits of Ser Wendel's spare garb,

而今,她只能借穿文德尔爵士的衣服,看起来十分古怪,

CATELYN.jpg

since no one else in their party had garments large enough to fit her.

然而这群人中除了文德尔谁也没这么大的衣服。

"Vows should be kept, I agree, but Stannis has a great host around him, and his own guards sworn to keep him safe."

“誓言必须遵守,这点我同意,可眼下史坦尼斯军容强盛,他身边无疑有许多誓言守护他的侍卫。”

"I am not afraid of his guards.

“我不怕他们。

I am as good as any of them.

我和他们一样强。

I should never have fled."

我当初就不该退缩。”

"Is that what troubles you, that some fool might call you craven?" She sighed.

“你烦恼的就是这个,怕哪个傻瓜叫你胆小鬼?”她叹口气。

"Renly's death was no fault of youts.

“蓝礼之死不是你的错,你曾忠勇地为他服务。

You served him valiantly, but when you seek to follow him into the earth, you serve no one."

但如今你想追随他于地下,这对任何人都没好处。”

She stretched out a hand, to give what comfort a touch could give.

她伸出手,试图给对方安慰。

"I know how hard it is—"

“我明白,这很难——”

Brienne shook off her hand. "No one knows."

布蕾妮挥开她。“没人明白。”

"You're wrong," Catelyn said sharply.

“你错了,”凯特琳尖锐地说。

"Every morning, when I wake, I remember that Ned is gone.

“每天清晨,当我醒来,头一件想到的事就是奈德已经离我而去。

I have no skill with swords,

我不会舞刀弄剑,

but that does not mean that I do not dream of riding to King's Landing and wrapping my hands around Cersei Lannister's white throat and squeezing until her face turns black."

但我做梦都渴望自己能驱马狂奔,冲进君临,用双手紧紧掐住瑟曦的白脖子,用力用力,要她气绝身亡。”

The Beauty raised her eyes, the only part of her that was truly beautiful.

“美人”抬起眼睛,那是她全身上下惟一称得上美丽的部位。

"If you dream that, why would you seek to hold me back?

“如果您也做这种梦,为什么还要阻止我?

Is it because of what Stannis said at the parley?"

莫非因为史坦尼斯在谈判时揭露的那些事?”

Was it? Catelyn glanced across the camp.

是吗?凯特琳的目光扫过营区。

Two men were walking sentry, spears in hand.

两个士兵正手握长矛,来回放哨。

"I was taught that good men must fight evil in this world, and Renly's death was evil beyond all doubt.

“从小,人们便教导我:在这个世界上,好人应当挺身而出,对抗邪恶。而蓝礼之死毫无疑问是件非常邪恶的事。

Yet I was also taught that the gods make kings, not the swords of men.

可是,人们也告诉我,君权神授,并非武力所能强求。

If Stannis is our rightful king—"

如果史坦尼斯真是我们合法的国王——”

"He's not. Robert was never the rightful king either, even Renly said as much.

“他不是,就连劳勃也不是,这话蓝礼陛下不是说了么?

Jaime Lannister murdered the rightful king, after Robert killed his lawful heir on the Trident.

詹姆·兰尼斯特谋害了真正的国王,而劳勃在三叉戟河杀掉了他的合法后嗣。

Where were the gods then?

当他们这样干的时候,诸神在哪里?

The gods don't care about men, no more than kings care about peasants."

诸神并不在乎凡人,就像国王从不关心农民。”

"A good king does care."

“一个好国王会关心。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
craven ['kreivən]

想一想再看

adj. 懦弱的,畏缩的 n. 懦夫

联想记忆
rainbow ['reinbəu]

想一想再看

n. 彩虹
adj.五彩缤纷的

 
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 
comfort ['kʌmfət]

想一想再看

n. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉
vt. 安慰,使

联想记忆
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。