手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第746期:权力的游戏凯特琳(05)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

"Lord Renly... His Grace, he... he would have been the best king, my lady, he was so good, he..."

“蓝礼大人……陛下,他……他本可成为最好的国王,夫人,他那么善良,他……”

"He is gone, Brienne," she said, as gently as she could.

“他已离我们而去,布蕾妮,”她说,用上最温柔的语调。

Stannis and Joffrey remain... and so does my son."

“只有史坦尼斯和乔佛里留下来……还有我的儿子。”

"He wouldn't... you'd never make a peace with Stannis, would you?

“他不会……您不会与史坦尼斯讲和吧,是吧?

CATELYN.jpg

Bend the knee? You wouldn't..."

向他屈膝?您不会的……”

"I will tell you true, Brienne.

“说实话,布蕾妮,我真的不知道。

I do not know. My son may be a king, but I am no queen ...

我儿子或许想当国王,但我却当不了什么太后……

only a mother who would keep her children safe, however she could."

我只想做个好母亲,看着自己的孩子平平安安,不管付出任何代价。”

"I am not made to be a mother. I need to fight."

“我生来便不是做母亲的料。我要战斗。”

"Then fight... but for the living, not the dead.

“那么就去战斗吧……然则要为生者,而非死人。

Renly's enemies are Robb's enemies as well."

记住,蓝礼的敌人也是罗柏的敌人。”

Brienne stared at the ground and shuffled her feet.

布蕾妮盯着地面,缓缓踱步。

"I do not know your son, my lady." She looked up.

“我不认得您的儿子,夫人。”她抬起头,

"I could serve you. If you would have me."

“但我愿意为您效劳,如果您接受的话。”

Catelyn was startled. "Why me?"

凯特琳吃了一惊。“我?为什么?”

The question seemed to trouble Brienne.

她的问题让布蕾妮有些困扰。

"You helped me. In the pavilion... when they thought that I had... that i had...

“您帮助过我,在蓝礼的大帐里……当他们以为是我……是我……”

"You were innocent."

“你本就是清白的。”

"Even so, you did not have to do that.

“话虽如此,您当时却不需要那么做。

You could have let them kill me. I was nothing to you."

您可以让他们杀了我。我对您来说根本不重要。”

Perhaps I did not want to be the only one who knew the dark truth of what had happened there, Catelyn thought.

或许,我只是不愿成为黑暗真相的惟一见证人,凯特琳心想。

"Brienne, I have taken many wellborn ladies into my service over the years, but never one like you.

“布蕾妮,这些年来我曾把许多贵妇人带在身边,但她们和你都不一样。

I am no battle commander."

你得明白,我对作战一窍不通。”

"No, but you have courage. Not battle courage perhaps but...

“是的,但您并不缺乏勇气。也许,那不是浴血沙场的勇气,然而……

I don't know... a kind of woman's courage.

我不知道……我想那是种女人特有的勇气。

And I think, when the time comes, you will not try and hold me back. Promise me that.

而且我明白,当时机来临,您一定不会强留我。请答应我这个条件吧,

That you will not hold me back from Stannis."

答应我不阻止我向史坦尼斯复仇。”

Catelyn could still hear Stannis saying that Robb's turn too would come in time.

凯特琳耳畔回响起史坦尼斯的话,他也有末日来临的那一天,

It was like a cold breath on the back of her neck.

这感觉就如一道冷风钻过颈背。

"When the time comes, I will not hold you back."

“当时机来临时,我决不阻止你向史坦尼斯复仇。”

The tall girl knelt awkwardly, unsheathed Renly's longsword, and laid it at her feet.

高大的女孩笨拙地跪下,拔出蓝礼的长剑,放在凯特琳脚边。

"Then I am yours, my lady. Your liege man, or... whatever you would have me be.

“我是您的人了,夫人。我是您忠诚的卫士,或是……您让我担任的任何角色。

I will shield your back and keep your counsel and give my life for yours, if need be.

我会保护您的安全,听从您的指示。危难之际,我愿奉献我的生命。

I swear it by the old gods and the new."

以新旧诸神之名,我郑重起誓。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
innocent ['inəsnt]

想一想再看

adj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的

联想记忆
awkwardly ['ɔ:kwə:dli]

想一想再看

adv. 笨拙地

 
shield ['ʃi:ld]

想一想再看

n. 盾,防卫物,盾状物
vt. 保护,遮蔽

 
counsel ['kaunsəl]

想一想再看

n. 商议,忠告,法律顾问
v. 商议,劝告

 
commander [kə'mɑ:ndə]

想一想再看

n. 司令官,指挥官

 
bend [bend]

想一想再看

v. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从
n. 弯曲,弯

 
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。