My only complaint was that it might have taken a little long.
我唯一不满意的地方是,可能时间有点长。
I thought it was a really good shot.
我认为这个拍得很棒。
Alright Gina is all set, pull her back up nice and slow.
好了,吉娜准备好了,慢慢把她拉上去。
We tested this in a warehouse and it totally works!
我们在仓库里测试过这个,完全没问题!
We lifted him!
我们把他抬上去!
That's how I'm getting back up!
我就是这么回来的!
While Gina is perfectly capable of climbing out of the cave on a rope on her own,
虽然吉娜完全有能力独自用绳子爬出洞穴,
we expect to do this scene a few times, and it would wear her out to keep climbing up.
但我们希望多拍几次这个场景。如果持续这样往上爬,会把她累坏的。
So we rigged a block & tackle system to pull her up.
所以,我们设计了一套滑轮组系统把她拉上来。
I was a bit nervous I must admit about getting on the winch because it's a system I'm not used to.
我得承认用绞盘让我有点紧张,因为我不常用这个。
I kind of like to trust myself if you like,
我喜欢相信自己,
so putting my trust in other people was a little bit scary at first when they first winched me up out of the cave, but it was fine and exciting.
所以他们第一次把我从山洞里拽出来时,让我去信任别人有点吓人。但这个经历很好,也很刺激。
Oh this is awesome!
哦,这太棒了!
Action!
开拍!
In the next take, Gina comes down much faster and smoother and the shot is perfect.
这接下来的拍摄中,吉娜下降得更快,也更流畅,这个镜头拍得很完美。
That's a great action shot.
这是一个很棒的运动镜头。
There you come right into the cave.
你就这样来到山洞里。
Woo hoo.
哇。
Nice, you are coming right down, you come into the light, perfect landing.
很好,你马上就下来了,进入光线中,完美着陆。
For the next sequence, we need to get down to the lower chamber.
在接下来的镜头中,我们需要到下面的洞穴中。
Getting down there means squeezing through a small restriction—a tiny hole between the rocks.
到下面意味着要挤过一个小地方——岩石之间的一个小洞。
Fitting through isn't that bad, but passing all the camera gear down there is a delicate operation.
穿过去也没那么糟糕,但把所有摄像设备都放下去是一项精细活。
Behind the scenes cameraman Pierre Seguin moves into position for some shots.
幕后摄影师皮埃尔·塞古因进入拍摄位置。
Suck it in Pierre!
挤过去,皮埃尔!
Ohh!
噢!
I want to see Tim…it's going to be insane.
我想见蒂姆,那会很疯狂。
After the squeeze, we descend down a steep slope to the water.
我们挤过去后,下到一个陡峭的斜坡,来到水这儿。
Just a tiny pool with very little room to work.
这只是一个很小的池塘,空间很小。
Our first task is shooting a scene of the scientists drilling a core sample from the rock.
我们的第一个任务是,拍摄科学家们从岩石中钻取岩芯样本的场景。
Do you like?
你喜欢吗?
I like.
我喜欢。
It's not bad.
还不错。
How about this?
这个怎么样?
Yeah.
可以。
Darker top of the frame.
让顶部的框架再暗些。
I want the light on them, not up there.
我希望灯光能在它们上面,而不是高过它们。
Alright, so how's this?
好吧,这样行吗?
We are using our powerful diving lights made by BigBlue as battery-powered cinema lights.
我们使用大功率潜水灯,这是由BigBlue制作的由电池供电的摄影灯。
But we can only run them for a few minutes before they have to be cooled in water.
但我们只能让它们运行几分钟,然后要把它们放在水中冷却。
You know something? Maybe a little more contrast back there.
也许让后面的反差更大一点。
I'd like to see some light down in the water over there.
我想看到那边的水里有灯光。
Right.
对。
Uh huh…it adds a little more bang.
啊哈,这又增加了一点冲击力。
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Oh yeah, me likey!
是的,我喜欢这样!
Audio on and this is take two, pulling the core out.
打开音频,这是第二次拍摄,取出岩芯。
Clap.
击掌。
At the end of a long day down in the cave, it's time to make our way out.
在山洞里度过漫长的一天后,我们该出去了。
Gina climbs up the slope using an ascender device on the rope.
吉娜用绳子上的上升装置爬上斜坡。
We have to carry all our gear up and out through the squeeze.
我们得带上所有装备,穿过那个小孔。
Then Gina demonstrates the prussic technique using a pair of ascenders to climb out of the upper chamber.
然后吉娜演示了一种技巧,使用一对上升器爬出上面的洞穴。
The science team knows how to prussic, but the rest of us get pulled out with the block and tackle.
科学小队知道这种做法,但我们其他人都是用滑轮组上去的。
Then we load everything back to the vehicles.
然后,我们把所有东西装回车里。
This is the last time I'm doing this!
我再也不干这个了!
The next morning, we realize just how hopelessly disorganized we were in the cave and the discussion turns to how we can improve.
第二天早上,我们意识到我们在洞穴里的活动非常无序,于是开始讨论如何改进。
So this morning we have some time.
所以,今天早上我们有些时间。
After you guys have breakfast, maybe begin with taking a look at that gear.
你们吃完早饭,可以先看看那个装备。
And figuring out which gear goes in which bag.
想想哪个装备放在哪个袋子里。
If we need to label them, then we'll label them.
如果需要给它们贴标签,就贴上标签。
But then we all need to go out there and learn what's in each bag,
但是我们都要去看看每个包里都有什么,
so when you come out of the hole and take off your helmet, you know where to put it.
这样你从洞里出来,摘下头盔后,知道该把它放在哪儿。
You take off your harness, you know where to put it.
脱下套索后,知道把它放哪儿。
And that will save us all time when we get there.
这样我们到那后,可以节省时间。
Alright, we need more bags, that's the bottom line.
好吧,我们需要更多的袋子,这才是最关键的。
Well if we do, we'll buy them.
好吧,如果需要的话,我们就去买。
Yeah we do.
可以,去买。
That's easy, we'll just run out to Wal-mart…
很简单,去沃尔玛买。
Yeah, let's run to Wal-mart and buy a camera bag, climbing bag, audio bag and a lighting bag.
是的,我们去沃尔玛买摄像机包、登山包、音响包和照明包。
And that way everything that goes down in there in the hole, gets packed to go down in the hole.
这样一来,所有要带进洞中的东西,都会在打包后,送到洞中。
Don't go away!
别走开!
Coming up next: the IMAX camera arrives!
接下来,IMAX摄像机到了!
The skies are improving, and today we are scheduled to shoot on 70mm film.
天气正在好转,今天我们计划用70毫米的胶片拍摄。
The team from MacGillivray Freeman (our production partner) pulls up in their big production truck
来自MacGillivray Freeman(我们的制作合作伙伴)的团队停好他们进行大制作的卡车,
and we cross our fingers that the clouds will clear for nice blue skies.
我们则祈祷,云层会散去,露出蔚蓝的天空。
Rob Walker is getting a dolly setup put together.
罗布·沃克正在组装一个移动式摄影小车。
Getting ready to do a dolly shot!
准备用移动式摄影小车拍摄!
It requires carrying a bunch of gear up the hill.
这需要携带一大堆装备登上小山丘。
Up by the cave, the MacGillivray Freeman team is assembling a nice level track for a dolly shot.
在洞穴旁,MacGillivray Freeman的团队正在为移动式摄影小车组装一个超棒的轨道。
They use variously sized blocks of wood to get the track perfectly level.
他们采用不同尺寸的木块使轨道完全平整。
While the track is underway, Robbie and Yuri are getting some safety slings together
组装轨道时,罗比和尤里在准备一些安全吊索,
to help get the camera into a precarious position for a unique shot.
帮助把摄像机放到一个不稳定的位置,用来拍摄视角独特的镜头。
We're setting up a shot underneath the pergola, looking into the second entrance to the cave.
我们在凉棚下面设置一个镜头,探入洞穴的第二个入口。
With safety straps on the camera, the tripod and the people, Rob and I move the enormous IMAX camera to the tripod.
摄像机、三脚架和人员身上都系好安全带后,我和罗伯和把巨大的IMAX摄像机移到三脚架上。
Rob is one of the most experienced people in the giant screen industry,
罗布在巨幕行业有着丰富的经验,
and I'm incredibly lucky to get to work with him and learn about the IMAX camera.
我非常幸运能和他一起工作,并了解IMAX摄像机。
Meanwhile, cinematographer Brad Ohlund, a 30 year IMAX industry veteran is talking to Gina about the shot.
与此同时,电影摄影师布拉德·奥伦德正在和吉娜谈论这个镜头,布拉德是一位拥有30年IMAX行业经验的资深人士。
With everyone ready, Brad comes down under the pergola and it's time to shoot.
所有人都准备好后,布拉德从凉台下面下来,该开拍了。
Okay!
好了!
With the generator running in the background to run the lighting and the incredible noise of the camera,
发电机在后面运行保持照明,再加上摄像机巨大的噪音,
it's no surprise that we can't record clean sound.
我们无法录制到安静的声音也就不足为奇了。
Action action action!
开拍!
Stop!
停!
Look down!
向下看!
Okay, I'm good!
好的,我这很好!
Okay zip on down there now.
好的,往下走吧。
Look up!
向上看!
It's worth mentioning that between the film, processing and printing,
值得一提的是,考虑到电影胶片、冲洗和印刷,
it costs about $1000 per minute to run this camera.
运行这台摄像机的成本大约为每分钟1000美元。
Long takes are expensive!
拍摄长镜头费用高昂!