手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

魔鬼洞穴探险(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Coming up on Jonathan Bird's Blue World, an epic film project adventure involving a remote cave, rappelling, cave diving and an IMAX camera!

接下来是乔纳森·伯德的《蓝色世界》,这是一部史诗般的冒险影片,包含偏僻的洞穴、绳索垂降、洞穴潜水和IMAX摄像机!
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
I'm diving into one of the most remote, most protected caves in the world.
我正潜入世界上最偏远、最受保护的洞穴之一。
In a most unlikely place: deep beneath the Nevada desert.
它位于一个意想不到的地方:内华达的沙漠深处。
It all started in 2016, when the Blue World team started work on a giant screen film called Ancient Caves.
这一切都始于2016年,当时《蓝色世界》团队开始拍摄一部名为《古代洞穴》的巨型银幕电影。
It's about a group of cave paleoclimatologists using the formations in caves to study the ancient climate.
影片讲述的是一群洞穴古气候学家,利用洞穴中的地层研究古代气候。
One of the most important shoots of the film involves the research being done at a remote site near Death Valley, called Devil's Hole Cave.
这部电影最重要的一个镜头,是在死亡谷附近一个叫魔鬼洞穴的偏远地点进行的研究。
If you google Devil's Hole, you will probably find this,
如果你搜索魔鬼洞,可能会找到这个地方。
a highly protected small pool in a crack in the rocks which harbors the Devil's Hole pupfish, one of the most endangered animals in the world.
这是一个受到高度保护的小池塘,位于岩石裂缝里,这里栖息着世界上最濒危的动物之一,魔鬼洞沙漠鱼。
Devil's Hole is part of the Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge and administered by the National Park Service.
魔鬼洞是灰草地国家野生动物保护区的一部分,由国家公园管理局管理。
Devil's Hole Cave, not to be confused with Devil's Hole, is about 600 feet away, up a path into the hills.
不要把魔鬼洞洞穴和魔鬼洞混淆。魔鬼洞洞穴大约有600英尺远,要沿着一条小径上到山丘。
Watch out for scorpions!
小心蝎子!
The entrance is protected by a locked cage.
入口处由一个上锁的保持架防护着。
The science team, Dr. Yuri Dublyanski, Katee Wendt, and Dr. Gina Moseley, (who is one of the lead characters in our film)
科学团队,尤里·杜布良斯基博士,凯蒂·温特和吉娜·莫斯利博士(她是我们影片中的主角之一)
have a special permit from the Park service to take core samples in the cave for their research.
获得了公园管理局的特别许可,可以在洞穴中采集岩芯样本进行研究。
But getting in there is not as easy as it looks.
但要进入洞中并不像看上去那么容易。
All right!
好吧!
Be productive!
高效些!
I should probably put my light on, huh?
我应该打开灯吗?
I first went caving when I was 13 and so that led into my interest in cave science, because I was caving before that.
我13岁时第一次去洞穴探险,这让我对洞穴科学产生了兴趣,因为我在那之前就开始进行洞穴探险。
I was in the air cadets.
我是航空学校学员。
I was doing a lot of outdoor activities when I was younger.
我年轻时经常做户外活动。
And then I studied geography because of my interest in the outdoors and the fascination with "how does this form" and "how does that form?"
后来我学地理,是因为我对户外活动很感兴趣,着迷于“这个是怎么形成的?”和“那是怎么形成的?”
And then one thing just led to another and now it's great to have a job that involves office work, lab work and being out in the field.
后来一件事引发另一件事,我现在拥有一份涵盖办公室工作、实验室工作和在野外工作的工作真是太棒了。
For me that's fantastic.
对我来说太棒了。
While the science team just goes up and down a single rope, getting our film gear in there adds an additional challenge.
虽然科学小组只是在绳子上爬上爬下,但把我们的胶片装备弄到那儿又增加了一个挑战。
We're setting up some pulleys and hardware.
我们正在安装滑轮和硬件。
But there's another twist.
但又出现了另一个变故。
At the bottom of this cave is water, and our team has a special permit to explore and take water samples for the scientists.
这个洞穴的底部是水,我们的小队有一个特殊的许可证,可以让科学家探索并采集水样。
Getting the dive gear in and all the way down to the water is a huge undertaking.
带上潜水装备深入洞穴中去潜水,是一项艰巨的任务。
Our first day of production begins at our rented house in Pahrump Nevada, about 45 minutes from Devil's Hole.
我们在内华达州帕伦普租的房子里开始第一天的制作,这个地方距离魔鬼洞大约45分钟的路程。

1.jpg

Assistant Director Julia Cichowski is planning for the day while Rick King, Zach Peterson and I are out in the garage getting the gear set up.

助理导演茱莉亚·西乔夫斯基正在为这一天做计划,我和里克·金、扎克·彼得森正在车库里整理装备。
Cameraman Tim Geers is building some sun shades so we can see our monitors in the bright desert lighting conditions.
摄影师蒂姆·吉尔斯在建造一些遮阳棚,这样我们就能在明亮的沙漠照明条件下看到监视器了。
And the next morning, we awake to gray skies and rain.
第二天早上,我们醒来时,看到灰蒙蒙的天空,还下雨了。
In the desert.
这是在沙漠里。
So under cloudy IMAX-unfriendly skies we head out to Devil's Hole Cave with our portable production office.
多云的天气对IMAX摄像机并不友好,我们带着便携式制作室前往魔鬼洞洞穴。
With crew and cast over 20 people and no bathroom within miles,
我们的演职人员有20多人,在几英里内没有浴室,
the main purpose of the camper is actually just to provide "facilities" in this remote spot.
露营车的主要目的实际上是在这个偏远的地方提供各种“配套设施”。
But it also gives us a place out of the wind to work on gear.
但它也给了我们一个避风的地方来研制装备。
Gina, Katee and National Geographic photographer Robbie Shone lead the charge up to the cave.
吉娜、凯蒂和《国家地理》杂志摄影师罗比·肖恩带队进入洞穴。
Robbie is our cave lighting expert.
罗比是我们的洞穴照明专家。
With such nasty weather, we can't shoot exteriors, so we need to move our production inside the cave for the day.
在这样恶劣的天气下,我们不能拍摄外景,所以需要到山洞里进行制作工作。
What I was thinking for the first shot to get would be our star rappelling into the hole.
我在琢磨的第一个镜头,将是我们的明星进入洞中。
Robbie goes in first so we can start sending gear down to him.
罗比先上场,这样我们就能开始把装备给他送下去。
Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to get a $60,000 RED Weapon 8K camera system down a 60 foot vertical shaft.
同时,我还得想办法让价值6万美元的Red Weapon 8K摄像机系统从60英尺高的竖井下去。
So let's not destroy the RED!
不要把摄像机弄坏了!
Once Tim, Robbie and I are down there with the camera and tripod, it's time to start setting up the first shot.
我和蒂姆、罗比拿着摄像机和三脚架下到里面,就可以开始拍摄第一个镜头了。
Our goal is to make the audience in the theater look up and follow Gina down into the cave just as they would in real life.
我们的目标是让剧院里的观众抬起头来,跟着吉娜下到洞穴中,就像他们真的这样做一样。
But first, we need some lighting.
但我们先要一些照明。
Direct light in caves looks terrible because you can't see the patterns in the rock.
洞穴中的直射光看起来很糟糕,因为看不到岩石上的图案。
The trick is hiding the lights at oblique angles to produce dramatic shadows.
诀窍是以倾斜的角度隐藏灯光,产生出戏剧性的阴影。
What did you bring it down one power setting?
把它的功率调低一档吗?
I like that.
我喜欢这样。
Tim can I see the other one?
蒂姆,我能看看另一个吗?
That's pretty good actually!
那个真的很不错!
Rick tell me when she's ready but don't send her until I give you the go!
瑞克,告诉我她什么时候准备好了,但要等我让你放时,再送她下来!
And we are rolling and this is Gina descends take one!
我们开始行动,这是吉娜,第一个下来!
All right send her down!
好了,让她下来!
I do have some experience with cave photographers and they take a lot of time to get things set up so I'm quite used to doing this again,
我确实有一些与洞穴摄影师工作的经验,他们花很多时间设置装备,
doing that again, move the right foot here, the left arm there, and sort of thing.
所以我对于重复做这做那很熟悉,还有右脚放在这儿,左臂放那儿等等。
I'm quite happy to do that when I know the final product is going to be something that's really good, so I didn't mind.
当我知道成品会非常好时,我很高兴这样做,所以我不介意。
It was fun and I was happy to do it for the end goal.
这很有趣,我很乐意这么做去达成最终的目标。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 
photographer [fə'tɔgrəfə]

想一想再看

n. 摄影师

 
refuge ['refju:dʒ]

想一想再看

n. 避难(处), 庇护(所)
v. 庇护,避

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
produce [prə'dju:s]

想一想再看

n. 产品,农作物
vt. 生产,提出,引起,

联想记忆
core [kɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 果心,核心,要点
vt. 挖去果核

 
permit ['pə:mit,pə'mit]

想一想再看

n. 许可证,执照
v. 允许,许可

联想记忆
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆
twist [twist]

想一想再看

v. 拧,捻,搓,扭曲
n. 扭曲,盘旋,捻,

 
epic ['epik]

想一想再看

n. 史诗,叙事诗 adj. 史诗的,叙事诗的,宏大的,

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 海底漫步(上) 2020-07-17
  • 海底漫步(下) 2020-07-24
  • 魔鬼洞穴探险(2) 2020-08-07
  • 魔鬼洞穴探险(3) 2020-08-12
  • 魔鬼洞穴探险(4) 2020-08-19
  • 上一篇:海底漫步(下)
    发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。