She was dangling at the bottom of the frame!
她在架子底部晃来晃去!
Second day see Jamey Warner runs to the truck for another film magazine.
第二天,杰米·华纳跑回卡车去拿另一盒胶片。
Each 1,000 foot magazine only lasts for 3 minutes.
每1000英尺长的胶片只能用三分钟。
So in preparation for the next shot, Rob and Jamey change the film.
为了准备拍摄下一个镜头,罗伯和杰米更换了胶片。
This process takes about 5 minutes.
大约花了五分钟。
Quite a bit more complicated than swapping a memory card on our RED camera!
比在我们的RED摄像机上更换存储卡复杂得多!
Art Cohen, the co-writer and script supervisor is looking on in amusement as we prepare to rehearse the shot.
我们准备演练一下这个镜头的拍摄时,合作编剧兼剧本监制阿特·科恩笑着看着我们。
At $1,000 a minute, you rehearse!
一分钟要花1000美元,你们还排练!
Yup, by the time you get up here, you're out of frame.
是的,你们上到这里时,就不在镜头里了。
We pick that up in the next shot.
我们拍下个镜头时看一下。
So you're kinda coming out of…Brad where do they go out of frame?
布拉德,他们在哪里出的镜头?
Right about here?
就在这里?
So yeah, once you are up on this thing, we're done.
你们上到这里时,就完事了。
Next shot.
下一个镜头。
Alright?
好吗?
Just walk right…
向右走……
With our moves down and the sun finally out, it's time to shoot some film!
我们下去时,太阳终于出来了,该开拍了!
Slate!
准备!
I don't think it was loud enough!
我觉得声音不够大!
Lunch is served on the mountain with a make-your-own-sandwich buffet, and then it's back to work.
午餐在山上吃,提供自助餐三明治,然后回去工作。
In the next scene, Gina rappels into the cave.
在下一个场景中,吉娜跳进洞穴。
I really enjoy working with Brad, Rob and Jamey all day to shoot in 70mm IMAX format,
我真的很喜欢与布拉德、罗伯和杰米子一起,整天在70毫米IMAX胶片拍摄,
the world's most ultimate film format!
这是世界上最棒的电影胶片!
Action!
开拍!
Stay tuned!
别走开!
Next, the dive team finally gets to go diving in Devil's Hole Cave!
接下来,潜水队终于要去魔鬼洞潜水了!
It's time to start prepping for the most challenging part of the project—the underwater shooting.
该开始为项目中最具挑战性的部分,水下拍摄做准备了。
I am worried about getting our Nauticam underwater housing into the cave
我担心的是,把摄像机水下拍摄外壳搬入洞穴中时,
without smashing the lens or banging it on rocks.
不能打碎镜头或撞到岩石上。
But Yuri has a lot of experience in this cave,
但是尤里对这个洞穴非常了解,
and he has a brilliant solution based on using an inexpensive yoga mat to protect the housing.
他有一个妙招,就是用一块便宜的瑜伽垫来保护外壳。
The next morning Brian Kakuk is filling tanks for the dive.
第二天早上,布莱恩·卡库克正在给氧气瓶充气。
One of the more monotonous parts of the project.
这是项目中比较单调的一部分。
Brian is not only the lead diver on this project, but he was my cave diving instructor.
布莱恩不仅是这个项目的首席潜水员,还是我的洞穴潜水教练。
Just trying to keep the neighbors happy.
只是想让邻居开心。
With him is Mike Young, a rebreather and cave diving expert.
和他在一起的是迈克杨,他是一位呼吸兼洞穴潜水专家。
These guys are world renown cave divers.
这些人都是世界著名的洞穴潜水者。
I am truly honored to be in the company of greatness.
我真的很荣幸能和这些超棒的家伙人一道同行。
We hit the road, and you will notice that the weather is beautiful on the first day of underwater shooting.
我们上路了,你会发现水下拍摄的第一天天气很好。
I'm no dummie….I make Zach carry the camera housing up to the cave!
我可不笨,我让扎克把摄像机外壳搬到山洞里去!
With so much gear to move to the water, Brian heads down to help Mike get the process started.
布莱恩把这么多装备要移到水里,他低头帮迈克开始弄。
I rappel down next.
我下一个下去。
And then Rick sends the camera down inside a big duffel bag.
然后瑞克把摄像机放进一个大行李袋里。
Getting the gear to the site is extremely difficult.
把装备运到现场非常困难。
Even though we're only like 200 feet from the entrance, it's a very difficult 200 feet from the entrance.
尽管我们离入口只有200英尺,但这段路非常难走。
It's all vertical climbing, lowering of equipment.
都是垂直攀爬,把设备降下去。
You have to have a very good and strong support team,
必须有一个非常好、又强大的支持团队,
willing to work every day both lowering and hauling both equipment and people.
愿意每天都把设备降下去,还要进行拖运的人员。
So you need a good strong team.
需要一个强大的团队。
Mike is working like a mole running gear back and forth from the upper chamber to the water.
迈克像只鼹鼠一样在上面的洞穴和水中来回跑。
About an hour into this process, I realize that I have no idea what we would be doing without him!
过了大约一小时,我意识到我不知道,如果没有他在,我们会在做什么!
He's pretty impressive, I'll tell you that!
他真是太棒了!
Alright, all the lights on.
好吧,所有的灯都亮起来。
Okay, rolling.
好的,开拍。
Quiet on the set.
现场一片寂静。
Loading tanks, take 3, action!
装瓶,第三个镜头,开拍!
But remember we are not just going diving, we are making a film about research here in Devil's Hole Cave.
但记住,我们不仅是去潜水,还要在魔鬼洞洞穴中拍摄一部科研电影。
That means I need shots of the process.
这意味着我需要对过程进行拍摄。
So I take some time to get a shot of Yuri handing a tank down the squeeze to Gina.
所以,我花了点时间拍了一个尤里把氧气瓶从缝隙中递给吉娜的镜头。
Love it!
真是大爱!
Beautiful!
漂亮!
Soon we form a kind of fireman's brigade to pass gear down through the squeeze.
我们很快就组成了一个消防队,把装备递到缝隙下面去。
The last little bit to the water isn't that far, but it's a huge pain to move gear down it.
最后一小段路离水不远,但要把装备挪下去真是难办。
If you drop anything, it will go into the water and may never be found.
如果掉了什么的话,就会掉进水里,可能再也找不到了。
At one point we accidentally dropped a light.
有一次,我们不小心掉了一盏灯。
It didn't stop until it hit a shelf at 150 feet deep.
直到撞到150英尺深突出的岩石上,才停下来。
With our stuff all piled on top of itself, we have to take turns putting our gear together and getting into the water.
由于我们的东西都堆在上面,我们必须轮流把装备放在一起,然后再下水。
Gina comes down to check on us.
吉娜下来看看我们。
She is nervous about Brian's dive.
布赖恩要去潜水了,她显得很紧张。
So we're really excited to get these samples and we're also a little bit scared about the diver
我们非常兴奋,能拿到这些样本。
and his safety because obviously we are not going down
我们也有点担心潜水员和他的安全,因为很明显,我们不下去。
and I'm always a little nervous about other people collecting samples for me.
别人帮我收集样本时,我总是有点担心。
But yes I'm very excited and I'm sure Brian is excited too.
但没错,我很兴奋,我相信布莱恩也很兴奋。
Brian is going to 300 feet to take water samples for Gina's research.
布莱恩要去300英尺深的地方采集水样,用作吉娜的研究。
So we are not just making a film about Gina's research but actually assisting with the research.
我们不仅是在拍一部吉娜研究的电影,而是实际上协助她进行这项研究。
It means that all the divers are multi-tasking.
这意味着所有的潜水员都有多重任务。
Todd hops in first.
托德先入水。
The good news is that the water here under the desert is 93 degrees.
好消息是沙漠下面的水温是34度。
That means it's actually too warm for wetsuits.
这意味着,这样的水温对潜水服来说太热了。
So we are all just wearing lycra skins and nobody gets too cold.
所以,我们都穿着莱卡皮,没人觉得太冷。
Jonathan let me know when I can move into your position.
乔纳森,告诉我什么时候我可以进入你的位置。
Today our plan is to get the lay of the land.
今天我们的计划是摸清地形。
Fewer than a dozen people have ever dived in this cave.
在这个山洞里潜过水的人不到十二个人。
There are some guidelines installed, but we do not know their condition.
曾经安装过一些指引设备,但我们不知道它们的状况如何。
We also have no idea what the cave looks like.
我们也不知道洞穴是什么样子。
Todd and I are going scouting for good locations for shots,
我和托德要去寻找好的拍摄地点,
while Brian and Mike are going to figure out where to do the deep dive for water samples and form a plan.
布赖恩和迈克则要弄清从哪里进行深潜,获得水样,还要制定一份计划。
Finally, somewhere past noon, we start our dive.
最后,中午过后,我们开始潜水。
Todd and I descend from the pool down a 45 degree crack that mirrors the room above.
我和托德从池塘下潜到一个45度的裂缝中,这里能映射出上面的空间。