手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

魔鬼洞穴探险(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We have tied off a pair of oxygen decompression cylinders at 20 feet.

我们在20英尺高的地方系上了一对氧气减压瓶。
We are not planning a decompression dive, but it's never a bad idea to be prepared.
我们不打算做减压潜水,但做好准备永远不是个坏主意。
Todd leads the way as we follow the guideline down into the depths.
我们沿着指引装备深入海底时,托德带头。
Everything down here is covered in a fine layer of silt, so we have to be really careful with our fins.
下面的一切都覆盖着一层很细的淤泥,所以我们必须非常小心我们的脚蹼。
The ceiling of the cave is like nothing I have ever seen.
我从来没没见过这样的洞顶。
The pillowy formation is called mammaliary calcite—formed by calcite precipitation in super-saturated water.
枕状构造称为方解石,是方解石在超饱和的水中沉淀形成。
While being mindful of the fragile nature of the old guidelines, we have a look around.
尽管我们意识到旧有的指引装备不结实,我们还是四处看看。
We find a huge chamber that drops down at that same 45 degree angle.
我们发现了一个巨大的空间,同样是以45度角下降。
Famous cave diving pioneer Sheck Exley went down this very route in 1991
著名的洞穴潜水先驱谢克·埃克斯利,
when he explored this cave to 436 feet, making it one of the deepest--if not the deepest—cave in the United States.
1991年曾沿着这条路线探索到洞穴436英尺深的地方,使它成为美国最深的洞穴之一。
At about 100 feet I find a large piece of rock, which broke off,
在大约100英尺的地方,我发现了一大块岩石,它断裂了,
revealing the thickness of the calcite that had grown on the underlying bedrock.
露出了在底部基岩上生长的方解石的厚度。
But calcite is now forming over the break, like a thin layer of frosting.
但是方解石正在裂缝上形成,就像薄薄的霜层。
In a few thousand years, this whole thing will be white!
再过几千年,它会变成白色!
We turn around and head back up.
我们转过身来,头朝上。
At the top of the deep chamber, we have a look around.
我们在深部洞穴的顶部四处巡视。
Then Todd leads the way back towards the entrance.
然后,托德带路回到入口。
All the rocks that have broken and fallen have become covered in calcite,
所有破碎掉下来的岩石都被方解石覆盖,
making them all white and rounded, like big marshmallows.
变得洁白圆润,像大块的棉花糖。
This cave has been submerged for a long time.
这个山洞已经被淹盖太久了。
There are no dry cave formations like stalactites or stalagmites.
没有像钟乳石或石笋这样的干燥洞穴。
Everything has the rounded, pillowy look of formations made by underwater calcite deposits.
所有东西都有水下方解石沉积物形成的圆形枕状构造。
In shallow water, we explore some overhangs and shelves.
在浅水区,我们探查了一些悬垂物和斜坡。
But none of the passages go anywhere.
但没有通道可以去别的地方。
Some broken pieces of ceiling show folia formation, made in a section of the cave where the water's surface touches it.
顶部一些碎片显示出树叶的形成,是在洞穴的水面能接触到的地方形成的。
And a thick broken piece of calcite shows the layers of deposition
一块厚厚的方解石碎片显示出沉积层,
that Gina and her team can use to tell us much about the water that created it.
吉娜及其团队可以用它来告诉我们很多关于形成它的水的情况。

1.jpg

We decide to swim the other direction and explore the other end of the cave.

我们决定游向另一个方向,探索洞穴的另一端。
The guideline leads through a restriction.
这个指引装备通向一个狭窄的地方。
I decide to see if I can fit through.
我决定看看能不能穿过去。
It doesn't help that my right tank doesn't have enough weight and it's floating up.
我右侧的氧气瓶重量不足,浮了起来。
Still, I make it through just fine.
不过,我还是过来了。
As soon as we see it, Todd and I both know that we will be filming a scene with this restriction in the film.
一看到它时,我和托德都知道我们要在影片中拍摄一个这个地方的场景。
It's perfect.
太完美了。
Just like the other side of the cave, this side just goes down and down.
就像洞穴的另一边一样,这一边不断地下沉。
Since we want to do the filming as shallowly as possible (for safety and bottom time) we are not exploring anything very deep.
由于我们希望拍得尽可能浅(出于安全和潜水时间的考虑),我们没有探索任何非常深的地方。
So we head back through the restriction.
我们就从那个狭窄的地方回去了。
After a short safety stop, we head back to the tiny pool at the surface.
短暂停留之后,我们返回表面的小池塘。
More people have been to the moon than have been diving in this cave, making us pretty darn lucky.
到过月球的人比在这个洞穴里潜水的人还多,我们真是相当幸运。
Alright we are rolling on the lights, we are rolling on the video, we are rolling on sound.
好吧,我们打开灯,打开摄像机,打开音响。
This is "going under" take three…action!
倒数三,开拍!
Alright Mike are you set?
好了,迈克,准备好了吗?
All set.
准备就绪。
Got the bailouts?
得到紧急救助了吗?
Bailouts and safety bottles.
紧急救助和安全瓶。
Alright, man let's do it.
好吧,伙计,我们开始吧。
Be safe guys.
大家都小心点。
Over four days, we dive and film underwater scenes in Devil's Hole Cave.
在四天的时间里,我们潜入魔鬼洞拍摄水下场景。
It's a great honor to work in a place that is so special,
能在一个如此特殊、如此罕见,
so rare and so protected that fewer than 12 people have ever been allowed to dive here.
受到很好保护的地方工作是一种莫大的荣誉,只有不到12个人曾被允许在这儿潜水。
Our dive team is so small that we have very little behind the scenes footage of the actual underwater filming.
我们的潜水队太小了,在进行水下拍摄时都没拍什么幕后镜头。
But trust me when I tell you that you are going to want to go see this in an IMAX theater,
但相信我,我告诉你要去IMAX影院看这些古老的洞穴,看这些绝美的洞穴潜水电影,
especially considering that Devil's Hole is only one out of six spectacular locations we're filming, for Ancient Caves, the ultimate cave diving film!
特别是魔鬼洞只是我们正在拍摄的六个壮观地点中的一个!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
silt [silt]

想一想再看

n. 淤泥 v. (使)淤塞

 
precipitation [pri.sipi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 坠落,沉淀,凝结,冰雹,降雨量,仓促,急躁

联想记忆
revealing [ri'vi:liŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有启迪作用的,透露内情的,袒露身体的 动词re

 
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
tank [tæŋk]

想一想再看

n. 坦克,箱,罐,槽,贮水池
vt. 把 .

 
route [ru:t]

想一想再看

n. 路线,(固定)线路,途径
vt. 为 .

 
deposition [.depə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沉积物,沉积作用,免职,[律]宣誓作证,证言

联想记忆
thickness ['θiknis]

想一想再看

n. 厚度,一层,含混不清

 
restriction [ri'strikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 限制,约束

 
underlying [.ʌndə'laiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 在下面的,基本的,隐含的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。