This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Lucija.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是露西佳。
And I'm Kaveh. Since we're on the topic of homophones,
我是卡维,由于我们说过了同音异形异义词的话题,
I thought we could talk about Insure, Ensure and Assure.
我觉得我们可以谈谈Insure, Ensure与Assure。
But those aren't really homophones. Those are commonly confused words.
但这些都不是同音异形异义词,这些是常见的易混淆词。
Yeah, that's what I meant. They're confusing...words.
没错,我就是这个意思。它们是易混淆的单词。
It's simple to learn the difference. I Assure you.
它们的区别很容易学。我向你保证。
I don't get it.

Well, I was trying to remove any doubt or anxiety you might be feeling right now through encouragement.
好吧,我是想通过鼓励来消除你现在感觉到的任何怀疑或焦虑。
Did it work? Not really.
有作用吗?不明显。
But that's what Assure means.
但这就是Assure的含义。
It's something you do to help creat certainty in others.
它是指你做某事帮助他人产生确定性。
Meg assured her sister that she looked good in her prom dress.
梅格向她姐姐保证,她穿着舞会礼服很好看。
Hmm...I don't know.
嗯,我不明白。
Listen, I can Ensure that you'll learn the difference between these three words today.
听着,我可以保证你今天学到这三个词的区别。
See, that's the confusing part, Assure...Ensure...
看到了吧,这就是令人迷惑的地方,Assure...Ensure...
Don't worry! To Ensure is to make sure something happens, to guarantee it.
不必担心!Ensure是指保证某事发生
When I said I could Ensure you would learn something,
当我说我可以保证你会学到一些东西时,
I meant that I could guarantee you would learn something.
我的意思是我可以确保你会学到一些东西。
I need to study to ensure I get a good grade.
我需要学习以确保获得好成绩。
Hmm...So, basically, you're Assuring me by saying you'll Ensure that I learn the difference?
嗯,所以基本上,你通过说你会确保我知道它们的区别来让我确信。
Exactly! What about Insure?
是的!那么 Insure呢?
That's an easy one.
它很简单。
Most commonly Insure means to provide financial protection to a person, place or thing.
Insure最常见的意思是为某人、某地或某物提供金融保护。
You need to insure your car before you can drive it.