The most explosive part of the interview with the “Times” was when Trump lashed out at his own attorney general Jeff Sessions.
接受《泰晤士报》采访时,最具有爆炸性的一部分内容就是特朗普对其司法部长杰夫·赛辛斯进行了猛烈抨击。
He said that if he'd known Jeff Sessions was going to recuse himself from the Russia investigation, he wouldn't have hired him.
特朗普说如果他知道杰夫·赛辛斯在通俄门调查中会要求退位,他一开始就不会雇佣他。
Jeff Sessions, you may recall, was forced to recuse himself back in March because he had two undisclosed meetings with Russians during the campaign when he was an adviser to Trump, which obviously was the right thing to do.
你们可能记得,三月份的时候,杰夫·赛辛斯因为在大选期间与俄罗斯有两次秘密会面而不得不要求退位,那时候他还是特朗普的顾问,而他这么做是正确的
You can't investigate something you might have been a part of. So he stepped aside.
因为你不能调查自己可能牵涉其中的事情 所以他回避了
And now this Sessions Russia stuff has been swirling around for months.
现在这个赛辛斯与俄罗斯的事情已经说来说去几个月了
But I wonder how closely people pay attention.
不过我想知道人们到底有多关注这件事情
We went outside to ask people on the street what the attorney general should do about Jeff Sessions. Okay?
我们走上街头问人们 司法部长应该怎么处理杰夫·赛辛斯 好吗
Of course, Jeff Sessions is the attorney general.
当然啦 杰夫·赛辛斯就是司法部长
But did anyone know that? Let's find out in tonight's edition of “Lie Witness News”
但大家知道这一点吗 我们一起来看看今晚的“谎言目击者新闻”
What do you think the attorney general should do about Jeff Sessions' ties to Russia?
你觉得司法部长应该怎么处理杰夫·赛辛斯与俄罗斯之间的关系?
Oh, my god. I think that we need to cut all ties to Russia. Right? That's right. Yeah.
哦 天哪 我觉得我们应该断绝与俄罗斯的联系 对吧 那样才对嘛 嗯
What do you think the attorney general should do about Jeff Sessions' ties to Russia?
你觉得司法部长应该怎么处理杰夫·赛辛斯与俄罗斯之间的关系?
I definitely think he should see what's up with that.
我真觉得他应该好好看看是怎么回事
Maybe submit a few inquiries.
或许提交一些调查
What do you think the attorney general should do about Jeff Sessions's ties to Russia?
你觉得司法部长应该怎么处理杰夫·赛辛斯与俄罗斯之间的关系?
I think he should try to get him to tell more about what he knew and why he didn't come forward sooner and about that.
我觉得他应该让杰夫·赛辛斯说出更多实情 还要交代他为什么没有主动坦白
What would you say if I told you that Jeff Sessions and the attorney general are the same person?
如果我跟你说杰夫·赛辛斯跟司法部长就是同一个人 你会说什么
That would make sense. Do you believe Jeff Sessions when he says he's more loyal to the Confederacy of Dunces than to Russia?
那说得通啊 杰夫·赛辛斯说他宁愿忠于《笨蛋联盟》也不会忠于俄罗斯 你相信吗
Yeah. You do? I do. And who is Jeff Sessions?
相信啊 相信 是的 杰夫·赛辛斯是谁?
A guy that I guess under -- under -- ain't he from Russia? Who is Jeff Sessions?
我觉得 应该是一个 他不是俄罗斯人吗?杰夫·赛辛斯是谁?
Jeff Sessions, is that the guy that has been known for talking about Trump doing this and that and he doing what he wants to do, stuff like that?
杰夫·赛辛斯 是那个说特朗普做这做那 特朗普让他做什么他就做什么的人吗
Yeah. And do you know what his specific role in the government is?
嗯 你知道他在政府中具体扮演着什么角色吗?
Is he a part of the government in Russia? Yeah.
他是俄罗斯政府的吗?嗯
I have no idea who Jeff Sessions is.
我完全不知道杰夫·赛辛斯是谁
Do you have any idea who the attorney general is?
那你知道司法部长是谁吗?
I thought that was Jeff Sessions. It is. Congratulations. You win.
我之前以为是杰夫·赛辛斯 就是他 恭喜你 你赢了
Is there anyone you'd like to thank?
有什么你想感谢的人嘛?
I'd like to thank my father, who forced me to watch CNN growing up against my own will.
我想感谢我爸爸 从小到大他一直逼着我违心去看CNN新闻
Do you think your dad's proud? Oh, probably not, no. I'm wearing Rugrats shirt onTV, he's not
你觉得你老爸会为你骄傲吗 哦 估计不会 我穿着《淘气小兵兵》的衬衫出现在电视上 他不会
Do you love clicking buttons and subscribing to things?
你喜欢点击按钮订阅吗?
Then click the button to subscribe my channel and you'll finally be happy.
那就点击按钮订阅我的频道吧 你会找到快乐的