This episode is sponsored by Rachael Ray Nutrish natural food for cats.
本集由 Rachael Ray Nutrish 赞助的猫的天然食品
Hi, guys.I'm Catie Wayne, and this animalist News.
嗨,伙计们 我是凯蒂 .韦恩,这里是动物新闻
Humans are the worst.
人类是最坏的打算,
We have become the actual monster that those hippie-dippie protect the earth movies like 'Fern Gully' and 'Once Upon A Forest' claim we are.
我们已经变成实际的怪物 那是嬉皮的dippie保护地球的电影比如蕨类植物沟和从前森林自称
We collectively have killed half of the animals in the world since 1970.
我们共同地杀死了一半的动物 自从1970以来、在世界上
I'm gonna let that sink for a second.
我将要让他再下沉
Half of them gone.
她们中的一半不见了
Tigers gone. Elephants pff.
老虎不见了 大象飞了
Bush babies?
粗野的宝宝?
Seen never in my life because I killed half of you!
从来没见过在我的生活中因为我杀了一半的你
In 40 years we wiped out half of the animals in the world.
在40年里,我们消灭了全世界一半的动物
This is astounding!
这是令人震惊的
And how, exactly, did we accomplish this gargantuan task?
如何,确切的我们达到了 这是巨大的任务吗?
Over-hunting and habitat degradation! Fuuu — OK.
过度捕猎和栖息地退化. 好的!
But guys, like look at the chart!
但是、像看图表
That is so bad.
这是如此糟糕
And, according to the World Wildlife Fund, at least 90% of the decline is completely our fault. Gah!
根据世界野生基金会,至少90%的衰退完全是我们的错 嗨!
And guys? Guess what.
朋友们? 猜猜看
The evidence is all around us.
证据就在我们周围
Remember our friends the polar bears? Yeah.
记得我们的朋友北极熊吗? 是的
Bet you tried real hard to forget about these images.
打赌你真正努力去忘掉这些图片
And now because we made climate change a thing, walruses are being affected too.
现在因为我们使气候变化的事情海象也受影响
Some 35,000 walruses are hanging out in Alaska right now, because there isn't any ice for their cute, fat butts to sit on in the Arctic.
现在,35000只海象正在阿拉斯加洲 因为,在北极圈,没有一片冰面能容下它们可爱肥肥的屁屁
The extent of the ice is the sixth smallest this year. Enough!
今年,在最少冰面覆盖排名中,它是第六名。够了!
It's not really that shocking that we're accomplishing all of this through hunting and invading their habitats.
这并不会让人觉得惊讶 人们通过捕猎和侵略破环它们的栖息之地完成了如此大的“成就”
We've known that we've been doing this for a long time.
我们知道自己长期做着这样糟糕的事
But guys, this isn't just bad news for the animals.
但是,小伙伴们,这不仅对动物来说是个坏消息
It's bad news for us.
对于我们来说,也是糟糕的消息
We are currently using resources so fast that we need two earths to sustain our lifestyle.
我们消耗资源的速度如此之快 以至我们需要两个地球才能维持我们的生活
And I don't know if you guys know, but we only have one.
但我不知道你们知道不,我们只有一个地球
And by 2050, we're set to have an extra 2.4 billion people on this earth.
到2050年,全世界的人口将额外增加24亿。
That is too many people.
人实在是太多了
Guys, guys, I know that this is a lot to take in. It's all very stressful.
嘿,小伙伴们,我知道我说了太多,你记不住 这情况让人担忧
The bottom line is this report shows that our demands as humans can no longer be met fast enough by nature, and it's hurting everything and everyone around us.
这项报道的最低线显示自然资源已经无法满足人类快速地消耗人类伤害着我们周围的许多事物
But we can still fix this.
但是,我们可以解决这个问题
Nepal focused on reducing their carbon footprint and seriously rallying around conservation, and as a result, turned things around for big cats who were declining in numbers.
Nepal专注与减少他个人的二氧化碳排放量 每次交谈中他都会提及这个话题 结果,那些数量不断减少的大型猫科动物得到了好处
Ecotourism made the cats more valuable alive than dead.
生态旅游使得这些猫猫比死更有价值的活着。
And that kind of grassroots and educational approach is what we need more of, even here in the US.
那种基础教育方法是我们所需要的,在美国的我们也要
How are you reducing your carbon footprint?
你是如何减少你的二氧化碳的排放的呢?
Let me know in the comments below.
你可以在下面留言让我们知道
And there will be links in the description to a bunch of articles if you want to educate yourself about what exactly is going on, and how you can help.
文章中还有一些链接,你可以点开 读一系列文章,如果你想了解相关情况的进展,以此了解如何进行帮助
If you'd like to, please check out this video on how some animals sanctuaries are abusing animals.
如果你愿意,你可以观看一些人是如何虐待动物的
Hearing the terrified animal screams was truly one of the most horrific things I've ever been a witness to.
听动物惊悚的尖叫声是我至今见过最恐怖的事情
I immediately exited the line, because wildlife reserve or not, these people clearly didn't
我快速退出了,因为不管是不是保护野生动物 人们显然不知道
know how to care for these magnificent creatures.
如何去照看这些动物
I love you all, and I will see you next time.
么么哒,下次再见哦!
Bye.[BLOW KISS] [EXHALE]
拜拜啵一个 呼~
Thanks again to Rachael Ray Nutrish for sponsoring this episode.
再次感谢Rachael Ray Nutrish 对本集的赞助