My dear, Mr. Bennet, wonderful news: Neitherfield Park is let at last.
我亲爱的班纳特先生 好消息 尼日斐花园终于租出去了
Is it?
是吗
Yes, it is, for I have just had it from Mrs. Long.
是的 Long太太刚刚告诉我的
And do you not want to know who has taken it?
你难道不想知道是谁租去了吗
You want to tell me, and I have no objection to hearing it.
既然你这么想告诉我 那么我就只能洗耳恭听了
Well, it is taken by a young man of large fortune from the north of England.
是从北部来的一位非常富有的年轻男子租下的
A single man of large fortune, my dear.
是一位多金单身汉哟 亲爱的
He came down on Monday in a chaise and four to see the place.
听说他星期一会乘着一辆驷马大轿车来看房子
His name is Bingley and he will be in possession by Michaelmas.
他叫宾莱 圣米迦勒节就会搬进去
And he has 5,000 a year.
他年收入可是有5000英镑呀
What a fine thing for our girls.
这对于我们的女儿们是一件多么好的事呀
How so? And how can it affect them?
为什么 这跟她们有什么关系
Oh, Mr. Bennet, how could you be so tiresome?
噢 天呐 宾纳先生 你怎么可以这么烦人
You must know that I'm thinking of he's marrying one of them.
你一定知道我在想着他一定会娶我们女儿当中的任何一个当太太的
For a single man with a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
一位黄金单身汉一定需要一位妻子
Yes, he must indeed!
非常正确
And who better than one of our five girls?
还有谁能比得上咱家的五个姑娘呢