The weaver had come straight into the hall, where the dancing was going on.
织布匠径直闯进了正在开舞会的大厅。
Several people turned to look at the strange figure in the doorway.
有人转过去看门口这个奇怪的人,
The Squire could not understand why Sllas had come in uninvited.
乡绅不明白西拉斯为什么会没有得到邀请就来到晚会上。
He stood up and asked angrily, 'Marner, what are you doing here? '
他站起来生气地问:"马南,你来干什么?"
'I've come for the doctor, 'replied Silas hurriedly. '
"我来找大夫,"西拉斯着急地回答,
There's a woman-dead, I think-near my cottage. '
"有个女人在我小屋旁边,我想已经死了。"
Godfrey had one great fear at that moment, that the woman was not dead.
戈弗雷这时真怕那个女人没有死,
If she were his wife, and she were dead, he would be free to marry Nancy!
如果那是他的妻子,而且死了,他就可以娶南茜了!
While the Squire was calling for Dr Kimble, the ladies came closer to look at the pretty child.
乡绅叫金布尔大夫的时候,女人们都围过来看这个漂亮的小女孩。
'Whose child is it? 'one of them asked.
"这是谁的孩子?"有人问。
'I don't know, 'replied Godfrey wildly.
"我不知道,"戈弗雷暴躁地回答,
'Some poor woman's-she's been found in the snow, I think. '
"一个穷女人的--我想是在雪地上发现的那个。"