手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:靠低工资过活 却活出特立独行人生

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Here!What's this?
  • 给你!这是什么?
  • It's information about a job-training program.
  • 这会给你需要的的稳定工作。
  • It'll give you the skills you need to get steady work.
  • 这会给你需要的工作技能。
  • I don't need that. I get by with the wages I earn from this job.
  • 我不需要那样的东西。有这份工作的工资我就能勉强度日。
  • You're in a dead-end job straining to make ends meet every month.
  • 你所从事的是一份没有前途的工作,而且紧张得每个月都入不敷出。
  • I've always landed on my feet.
  • 我总是能够化险为夷呢。
  • But you don't have any job security.
  • 但你的工作一点不稳定。
  • You could be out on your ear any minute.
  • 你可能随时会被解雇。
  • Don't you want a better quality of life?
  • 难道你不想要更好的生活质量吗?
  • My life is fine the way it is.
  • 我的生活是现在就很不错。
  • I may not be able to hold on to this job for long, but there will always be other ones.
  • 这份工作我可能无法坚持很长时间,但总会有其它的。
  • I wish I had your optimism.
  • 我希望自己要是像你那样乐观就好了。
  • To hear you speak, you'd think you were one of the privileged few.
  • 听你说,你肯定认为自己是特立独行的人。
  • It's all in your outlook on life.
  • 这取决于你对人生的看法。
  • I don't have mortgages to pay, cars to maintain, jets to fuel, and employees to support.
  • 我不用付抵押贷款,维护汽车,加油飞机,支持员工。
  • You're right. You should be counting your blessings!
  • 你是对的。你的好运估计快要到头了!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
迪伦:给你!
Yvonne:What's this?
尤奈:这是什么?
Dylan:It's information about a job-training program.
迪伦:这是工作培训计划的相关信息。
It'll give you the skills you need to get steady work.
这会给你需要的的稳定工作。
Yvonne:I don't need that. I get by with the wages I earn from this job.
尤奈:我不需要那样的东西。有这份工作的工资我就能勉强度日。
Dylan:You're in a dead-end job straining to make ends meet every month.
迪伦:你所从事的是一份没有前途的工作,而且紧张得每个月都入不敷出。
Yvonne:I've always landed on my feet.
尤奈:我总是能够化险为夷呢。

Dylan:But you don't have any job security.

迪伦:但你的工作一点不稳定。
You could be out on your ear any minute.
你可能随时会被解雇。
Don't you want a better quality of life?
难道你不想要更好的生活质量吗?
Yvonne:My life is fine the way it is.
尤奈:我的生活是现在就很不错。
I may not be able to hold on to this job for long, but there will always be other ones.
这份工作我可能无法坚持很长时间,但总会有其它的。
Dylan:I wish I had your optimism.
迪伦:我希望自己要是像你那样乐观就好了。
To hear you speak, you'd think you were one of the privileged few.
听你说,你肯定认为自己是特立独行的人。
Yvonne:It's all in your outlook on life.
尤奈:这取决于你对人生的看法。
I don't have mortgages to pay, cars to maintain, jets to fuel, and employees to support.
我不用付抵押贷款,维护汽车,加油飞机,支持员工。
Dylan:You're right. You should be counting your blessings!
迪伦:你是对的。你的好运估计快要到头了!

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
quality ['kwɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 品质,特质,才能
adj. 高品质的

 
optimism ['ɔptimizəm]

想一想再看

n. 乐观,乐观主义

联想记忆
steady ['stedi]

想一想再看

adj. 稳定的,稳固的,坚定的
v. 使稳固

 
security [si'kju:riti]

想一想再看

n. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。