克莱尔:你捧着这些法律书干嘛呢?
I thought you retired 20 years ago.
我以为你20年前就退休了呢。
Ray:I'm preparing for my mental competency hearing.
雷:我正在准备我自己精神健全问题的听证会。
Claire:Mental competency hearing?
克莱尔:精神健全问题的听证会?
But your mind is as sharp as it has ever been.
但你宝刀未老啊,思维还是那么敏捷。
Ray:That's not what my children think.
雷:我的孩子们才不是这么想。
They are going to court to prove my diminished capacity.
他们要去法院证明我的能力已经减弱。
They are going to argue that I need a conservator for my estate.
他们会认为,我需要一名看护员帮我守着自己的家产。
Claire:Nobody who knows you would question your sound mind.
克莱尔:不了解的人才会质疑你的精神健全问题。
There must be another reason for this hearing.
这场听证会一定有另外的原因。
Ray:You're right. My children want to get their hands on my money, and if they can prove mental incapacitation and impaired judgment, they will get power of attorney.
雷:你说对了。我的孩子想动我的钱,而如果他们能证明我精神存在问题且无法自主判断,他们就将获得律师的帮助。
Claire:And if they get power of attorney…
克莱尔:如果他们获得律师的帮助…
Ray:They would get control of my company and my entire estate.
雷:他们就会控制我的公司及我的整个房产。
Claire:So what are you going to do?
克莱尔:那你打算怎么办?
Ray:I am going to fight fire with fire. I'm suing them.
雷:我要以其人之道还治其人之身。我打算起诉他们。
Claire:What for?
克莱尔:什么理由呢?
Ray:Fraud and I can make it stick.
雷:诈骗,我可以一直坚持。
They're both lacking in common sense.
他们都缺乏判断力。
Everybody knows you should never sue an attorney, especially a successful one!
每个人都应该知道你不应该起诉一名律师,尤其是非常成功的一位!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载