手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:遇到爱吹牛的老板

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • My boss is a complete blowhard.
  • 我的老板就是一个彻头彻尾的吹牛大王。
  • He likes to boast about his accomplishments and acquisitions every chance he gets.
  • 他总是喜欢吹嘘他的成就及他来之不易获得的所有机会。
  • Unfortunately, I seem to be his favorite audience.
  • 不幸的是,我似乎是他最喜欢的听众。
  • You won't believe what I did over the weekend.
  • 你肯定不相信我上周末做了什么。
  • I went mountain climbing and skydiving.
  • 我去爬山,跳伞了。
  • What I wanted to say was, "Uh, spare me!"
  • 我想说的是,“呃,放过我吧!”
  • But what I said instead was, "Oh, really? How exciting."It doesn't take much encouragement to get him going.
  • 但我说的是“哦,真的吗?一定很刺激吧。”不需要多鼓励他。
  • And I found time to test-drive the new McQ sports car yesterday.
  • 昨天我还抽时间试驾了新McQ跑车。
  • I'm thinking of buying one.
  • 我正考虑入手一辆呢。
  • Do I really look that gullible?
  • 我真的看起来是那么容易上当的吗?
  • I knew that the boss didn't have that kind of money, but I didn't let it show on my face and simply said, "That's a very impressive car."
  • 我知道老板没有买那车的钱,但又不能展现出来,于是便轻描淡写地说,“那真是一辆非常令人印象深刻的车。”
  • I have my eye on a luxury vacation condo by the lake.
  • 我还关注湖边奢华公寓的度假。
  • Some lucky girl will get to stay there with me.
  • 一些幸运的女孩和我在那里共度美好时光。
  • Now I knew he was blowing smoke, but what could I say?
  • 现在我知道他又空口说白话了,但我能说什么呢?
  • I just muttered, "Lucky girl," and left it at that.
  • 我只是咕哝着,“幸运的女孩嘛…”,然后就这样了。
  • What was the point of all that, unless…
  • 问题在于,除非…


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
我的老板就是一个彻头彻尾的吹牛大王。
He likes to boast about his accomplishments and acquisitions every chance he gets.
他总是喜欢吹嘘他的成就及他来之不易获得的所有机会。
Unfortunately, I seem to be his favorite audience.
不幸的是,我似乎是他最喜欢的听众。

Boss:You won't believe what I did over the weekend.

老板:你肯定不相信我上周末做了什么。
I went mountain climbing and skydiving.
我去爬山,跳伞了。
What I wanted to say was, “Uh, spare me!”
我想说的是,“呃,放过我吧!”
But what I said instead was, “Oh, really? How exciting.”It doesn't take much encouragement to get him going.
但我说的是“哦,真的吗?一定很刺激吧。”不需要多鼓励他。
Boss:And I found time to test-drive the new McQ sports car yesterday.
老板:昨天我还抽时间试驾了新McQ跑车。
I'm thinking of buying one.
我正考虑入手一辆呢。
Do I really look that gullible?
我真的看起来是那么容易上当的吗?
I knew that the boss didn't have that kind of money, but I didn't let it show on my face and simply said, “That's a very impressive car.”
我知道老板没有买那车的钱,但又不能展现出来,于是便轻描淡写地说,“那真是一辆非常令人印象深刻的车。”
Boss:I have my eye on a luxury vacation condo by the lake.
老板:我还关注湖边奢华公寓的度假。
Some lucky girl will get to stay there with me.
一些幸运的女孩和我在那里共度美好时光。
Now I knew he was blowing smoke, but what could I say?
现在我知道他又空口说白话了,但我能说什么呢?
I just muttered, “Lucky girl,” and left it at that.
我只是咕哝着,“幸运的女孩嘛…”,然后就这样了。
What was the point of all that, unless…
问题在于,除非…

重点单词   查看全部解释    
luxury ['lʌkʃəri]

想一想再看

n. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品

 
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
blowhard

想一想再看

n. 自吹自擂者

联想记忆
gullible ['gʌləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 易受骗的,轻信的

联想记忆
encouragement [in'kʌridʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 鼓励

 
boast [bəust]

想一想再看

v. 吹牛,自夸,说大话
n. 自吹自擂,自夸

 
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。