手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:留意交通安全

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • I never imagined walking our daughter to school could be so dangerous.
  • 我从来没想过咱们的女儿走着去学校是这么危险。
  • What happened?
  • 发生了什么事?
  • We were walking on the sidewalk approaching the intersection.
  • 我们走在人行道上,来到一处十字路口。
  • The crossing guard was there to stop traffic so we could cross the street.
  • 交警在那里疏导交通,这样我们就可以过马路。
  • We were halfway through the designated crosswalk when a guy driving like a demon whips around the corner.
  • 就在我们通过时一个人开着车,像个恶魔一样突然冲出来。
  • And he didn't stop at the stop sign?
  • 他没有遵守交通规则停下来吗?
  • No, he didn't even slow down.
  • 没有,他甚至都没有减速。
  • Didn't he see the crossing guard or the other pedestrians?
  • 他没注意到交警或其他行人吗?
  • There are several big trees there, so it's a blind corner with limited visibility.
  • 那个地方有几棵大树,因此造成了视觉盲区,使得视线非常有限。
  • Still, he should have stopped. Was anyone hurt?
  • 不过,他还是应该停下。有人受伤吗?
  • No, we were able to get out of his way, but he could have easily taken out five or six people!
  • 不,我们躲开了,但他简简单单就能撞倒5,6人!
  • That's crazy. What we need are flashing crosswalk signs.
  • 这太疯狂了。我们需要的是人行横道的闪烁标志。
  • Maybe that would get drivers' attention.
  • 也许那将会引起驾驶者的注意力。
  • And maybe armor for our daughter, too?
  • 或许让我们的女儿全副武装再上街也不错是不是?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Rueben:I never imagined walking our daughter to school could be so dangerous.

鲁本:我从来没想过咱们的女儿走着去学校是这么危险。
Carla:What happened?
卡拉:发生了什么事?
Rueben:We were walking on the sidewalk approaching the intersection.
鲁本:我们走在人行道上,来到一处十字路口。

The crossing guard was there to stop traffic so we could cross the street.

交警在那里疏导交通,这样我们就可以过马路。
We were halfway through the designated crosswalk when a guy driving like a demon whips around the corner.
就在我们通过时一个人开着车,像个恶魔一样突然冲出来。
Carla:And he didn't stop at the stop sign?
卡拉:他没有遵守交通规则停下来吗?
Rueben:No, he didn't even slow down.
鲁本:没有,他甚至都没有减速。
Carla:Didn't he see the crossing guard or the other pedestrians?
卡拉:他没注意到交警或其他行人吗?
Rueben:There are several big trees there, so it's a blind corner with limited visibility.
鲁本:那个地方有几棵大树,因此造成了视觉盲区,使得视线非常有限。
Carla:Still, he should have stopped. Was anyone hurt?
卡拉:不过,他还是应该停下。有人受伤吗?
Rueben:No, we were able to get out of his way, but he could have easily taken out five or six people!
鲁本:不,我们躲开了,但他简简单单就能撞倒5,6人!
Carla:That's crazy. What we need are flashing crosswalk signs.
卡拉:这太疯狂了。我们需要的是人行横道的闪烁标志。
Maybe that would get drivers' attention.
也许那将会引起驾驶者的注意力。
Rueben:And maybe armor for our daughter, too?
鲁本:或许让我们的女儿全副武装再上街也不错是不是?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
designated ['deziɡ,neitid]

想一想再看

adj. 特指的;指定的

 
sidewalk ['said.wɔ:k]

想一想再看

n. 人行道
=pavement(英)

 
limited ['limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有限的,被限制的
动词limit的过

 
crosswalk ['krɔ:s,wɔ:k]

想一想再看

n. 人行横道

 
visibility [.vizi'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 能见度

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。