手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:工作中发展受到限制

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Did you hear that Manuel is quitting?
  • 你听说曼努埃尔正准备辞职的事情了吗?
  • He took a job with another company.
  • 他在另一家公司找到工作了。
  • I'm not surprised.
  • 我一点也不感到意外。
  • He came up against the glass ceiling and he decided to jump ship.
  • 他无法继续升职于是决定跳槽。
  • Really? I didn't know he was bucking for promotion.
  • 真的吗?我不知道他曾竭力争取晋升。
  • He's been trying to become a manager for three years, but other people have been promoted over him or they've hired from outside the company.
  • 3年来他一直努力想成为经理, 但别人都超过他得到了晋升或被其他公司聘请。
  • I didn't know that.
  • 这我可不知道。
  • I was aware of the wage disparities within the company and the gender pay gap within each department, but this is news to me.
  • 我知道公司内部存在薪酬差异而且每个部门都有性别薪酬差异, 但你说的我是第一次听到。
  • Haven't you noticed that people who take extended leave to have children or try for some type of work-life balance are passed over for plum assignments, raises, and promotions?
  • 你没注意到请了长假的都是有孩子或从事别的工作的人吗?他们干着美差, 加薪升职,享受美丽人生却完全不理会别人?
  • There are definite limits to advancement.
  • 对于发展晋升有明确的限制。
  • I thought it was just favoritism on the part of the bosses.
  • 我认为这仅仅是出于老板的偏袒。
  • Their friends got promoted and other people didn't.
  • 他们的朋友得到晋升而其他人没有。
  • That's certainly true, but that's only part of the story.
  • 这是千真万确, 但这只是一部分而已。
  • Why are we still working for a company with such unfair policies?
  • 为什么我们仍然为如此不公平的公司卖命?
  • Speak for yourself.
  • 说你自己就好了。
  • I'm giving notice today.
  • 我今天会发出通知。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Gloria:Did you hear that Manuel is quitting?

格洛莉娅:你听说曼努埃尔正准备辞职的事情了吗?
He took a job with another company.
他在另一家公司找到工作了。
Sam:I'm not surprised.
山姆:我一点也不感到意外。
He came up against the glass ceiling and he decided to jump ship.
他无法继续升职于是决定跳槽。
Gloria:Really? I didn't know he was bucking for promotion.
格洛莉娅:真的吗?我不知道他曾竭力争取晋升。
Sam:He's been trying to become a manager for three years, but other people have been promoted over him or they've hired from outside the company.
山姆:3年来他一直努力想成为经理,但别人都超过他得到了晋升或被其他公司聘请。

Gloria:I didn't know that.

格洛莉娅:这我可不知道。
I was aware of the wage disparities within the company and the gender pay gap within each department, but this is news to me.
我知道公司内部存在薪酬差异而且每个部门都有性别薪酬差异,但你说的我是第一次听到。
Sam:Haven't you noticed that people who take extended leave to have children or try for some type of work-life balance are passed over for plum assignments, raises, and promotions?
山姆:你没注意到请了长假的都是有孩子或从事别的工作的人吗?他们干着美差,加薪升职,享受美丽人生却完全不理会别人?
There are definite limits to advancement.
对于发展晋升有明确的限制。
Gloria:I thought it was just favoritism on the part of the bosses.
格洛莉娅:我认为这仅仅是出于老板的偏袒。
Their friends got promoted and other people didn't.
他们的朋友得到晋升而其他人没有。
Sam:That's certainly true, but that's only part of the story.
山姆:这是千真万确,但这只是一部分而已。
Gloria:Why are we still working for a company with such unfair policies?
格洛莉娅:为什么我们仍然为如此不公平的公司卖命?
Sam:Speak for yourself.
山姆:说你自己就好了。
I'm giving notice today.
我今天会发出通知。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
extended [iks'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 延续的,广大的,扩大范围的 动词extend的

 
definite ['definit]

想一想再看

adj. 明确的,确切的,有把握的

联想记忆
ceiling ['si:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 天花板,上限

联想记忆
promotion [prə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 晋升,促进,提升

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。