Yulia: Wait! Don’t drink that.
尤利娅:等一下!不要喝那水。
Jack: Why not? I’m really thirsty.
杰克:为什么?我快渴死了。
Yulia: That’s a standing pool of water. There could be all kinds of microorganisms living in there.
尤利娅:那是死水池的水。里面可能有各种各样的微生物。
Jack: Fine, but somebody should have brought more water for this long walk.
杰克:好吧,但是这次长途跋涉某人应该多备一些饮用水吧。
Yulia: I know. It’s my fault. Hey, there’s a cabin. Maybe there’s somebody there who can give us some water. Do you see a well?
尤利娅:我知道。这是我的失误。嘿,那有一间小木屋。也许有人能给我们一些水喝。你看到那口井了吗?
Jack: No, no well, and I don’t see an outdoor faucet either. In fact, I don’t see any signs of life inside. But hey, the door is unlocked.
杰克:不,并没有,而且我也没有看到室外水龙头。事实上,我没有发现任何人迹。不过,嘿,门并没有上锁。
Yulia: Are you sure we should just walk in?
尤利娅:你确定我们应该直接进去吗?
Jack: I’m not dying of thirst just because you’re afraid to go in. Oh no! Nothing comes out of the tap. Let’s see if there are any water tanks or rain barrels out back.
杰克:我会因为你不敢进门而渴死的。噢,不是吧!水龙头竟然不出水。咱们找找看有没有水箱或雨水桶吧。
Yulia: I’m not drinking rainwater or runoff from the roof.
尤利娅:我不喝雨水或屋顶上的径流水。
Jack: Suit yourself, but here’s a tub of water.
杰克:随你便,这里有一桶水。
Yulia: Wait! You don’t know if that’s potable. It could be untreated water with sewage or worse.
尤利娅:等等!谁知道这水适不适合饮用。它可能是未经处理的污水,甚至更糟糕。
Jack: You can wait for some nice filtered water, but I’m not picky. I just need to quench my thirst.
杰克:你可以慢慢等待纯净的过滤水,但我没那么多讲究。我现在只想解渴。
Yulia: You should at least boil it first. Oh my God, I just saw something swimming in it!
尤利娅:可是你至少得先把水煮沸吧。天哪,我刚看到有生物在水里游泳!
Jack: I’m sure it’s willing to share.
杰克:我敢肯定,它是乐于跟我分享的。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载