Ben: Wait! Don’t plug that into the socket. You’ll fry that old hair dryer.
本:等等!不要把它插到插座上。你会把那个旧吹风机烧糊的。
Nicola: I can’t, anyway. This plug has two prongs and that socket is designed for three prongs.
尼古拉:不会发生这种事的。吹风机的插头有两个孔,而这个插座是为三个孔设计的。
Ben: That’s why I brought these adapters and this combination converter and transformer. Our devices will either not work or be ruined if we try plugging them directly into those outlets.
本:这就是为什么我带了适配器和电源变压转换器。如果直接把插头插进插座,那么我们的设备将无法启用或被烧坏。
Nicola: I should have bought a travel hair dryer with dual voltage.
尼古拉:我应该买双电压的旅行电吹风。
Ben: You’d still need an adapter.
本:您还需要一个适配器。
Nicola: Whatever. Okay, I’ve put them both on. Now can I dry my hair?
尼古拉:无所谓。好吧,我把这些都安装上。现在我能吹头发了呢?
Ben: You can’t use that hair dryer because the cord is frayed. If you turn it on, it may short circuit and then blow a fuse. We’d be without electricity.
本:你不能用这个吹风机,电线都已经磨损了。如果你打开开关可能会引发短路,然后烧断保险丝。我们就会断电的。
Nicola: What am I supposed to do then?
尼古拉:那我应该怎么做呢?
Ben: Good thing I brought mine. Let me just check that the outlet is grounded. Yeah, I think it’s safe for you to use this one.
本:好在我带了吹风机。我得检查一下插座是不是接地的。是的,我认为你用这个是安全的。
Nicola: I won’t get electrocuted?
尼古拉:我不会触电吧?
Ben: You won’t even get a little singed.
本:一点烧糊的现象都不会发生。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载