手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第16期:送奶员开始旅行(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Scudder had been a very careful man, and always kept the place tidy.
  • 斯卡德尔向来十分细心,总是把屋子保持得很整洁。
  • Someone had been searching for something, and perhaps for the notebook.
  • 肯定有人找过什么东西,多半是找那个小黑笔记本。
  • I went round the flat and found that everything had been searched-the insides of books, cupboards, boxes, even the pockets of my clothes.
  • 我在各屋转了一圈,发现什么都被搜查了一遍--书本、橱柜、盒子、甚至我的衣服口袋。
  • There was no sign of the notebook, so Scudder's enemies had probably found it in the end.
  • 仍然不见那个小黑笔记本,可见斯卡德尔的敌人最后很可能找到了它。
  • Then I got out a map of Britain.
  • 然后我拿出英国地图。
  • My plan was to find some wild country.
  • 我打算找一个人烟稀少的地方。
  • I was used to Africa, and I would feel trapped in the city.
  • 我已经习惯了非洲的生活,在城市会觉得不自由。
  • I thought Scotland would probably be best,
  • 我想苏格兰也许最理想,
  • because my family came from Scotland and I could pretend to be a Scotsman easily.
  • 因为我老家是苏格兰,我可以不费吹灰之力地冒充苏格兰人。
  • The other possibility was to be a German tourist;
  • 另外一种可能是扮成德国旅游者;
  • my father had worked with Germans and I had spoken German often as a boy.
  • 我父亲曾和德国人共过事,我还是个孩子的时候就经常讲德语。
  • But it would probably be better to be a Scotsman in Scotland.
  • 但在苏格兰装苏格兰人很可能要好一点。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Scudder had been a very careful man, and always kept the place tidy.

斯卡德尔向来十分细心,总是把屋子保持得很整洁。
Someone had been searching for something, and perhaps for the notebook.
肯定有人找过什么东西,多半是找那个小黑笔记本。
I went round the flat and found that everything had been searched-the insides of books, cupboards, boxes, even the pockets of my clothes.
我在各屋转了一圈,发现什么都被搜查了一遍--书本、橱柜、盒子、甚至我的衣服口袋。
There was no sign of the notebook, so Scudder's enemies had probably found it in the end.
仍然不见那个小黑笔记本,可见斯卡德尔的敌人最后很可能找到了它。
Then I got out a map of Britain.
然后我拿出英国地图。
My plan was to find some wild country.
我打算找一个人烟稀少的地方。
I was used to Africa, and I would feel trapped in the city.
我已经习惯了非洲的生活,在城市会觉得不自由。
I thought Scotland would probably be best,
我想苏格兰也许最理想,
because my family came from Scotland and I could pretend to be a Scotsman easily.
因为我老家是苏格兰,我可以不费吹灰之力地冒充苏格兰人。
The other possibility was to be a German tourist
另外一种可能是扮成德国旅游者;
my father had worked with Germans and I had spoken German often as a boy.
我父亲曾和德国人共过事,我还是个孩子的时候就经常讲德语。
But it would probably be better to be a Scotsman in Scotland.
但在苏格兰装苏格兰人很可能要好一点。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
tidy ['taidi]

想一想再看

adj. 整齐的,整洁的,相当大的
vt. 使

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。