手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第18期:送奶员开始旅行(7)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Paddock arrived every morning at seven-thirty.
  • 帕多克每天早晨七点半到。
  • But at about twenty to seven I knew the milkman would come;
  • 我知道大约六点四十送奶员就会来;
  • the noise of the milk bottles usually woke me up.
  • 奶瓶的碰撞声常常把我吵醒。
  • He was a young man with a very short moustache, and he wore a white coat.
  • 他是个年轻人,留着小胡子,穿一件白外套。
  • He was my only chance.
  • 他是我逃脱的唯一机会。
  • I had a breakfast of biscuits and whisky and by the time I had finished it was about six o'clock.
  • 早饭我吃了点饼干,喝了点威士忌,吃完饭大约六点钟。
  • I got my pipe and started to fill it from my tobacco jar.
  • 我掏出烟斗,从烟罐里取出烟装满烟斗。
  • As I put my fingers into the tobacco, I touched something hard, and pulled out Scudder's little black book.
  • 我的手指刚摸到烟,感觉碰到什么硬东西,一拉拉出斯卡德尔的小黑笔记本。
  • This seemed a good sign. I lifted the cloth and looked at Scudder's peaceful face.
  • 看来这是个好征兆。我把桌布掀开,望着斯卡德尔安详的脸。
  • 'Goodbye, my friend, 'I said; 'I'm going to do my best for you. Wish me good luck. '
  • "朋友,再见了,"我说,"为你的事我会尽最大努力。祝我好运吧。"
  • Six-thirty passed, then six-forty, but still the milkman did not come.
  • 六点半过去了,六点四十又过去了,可是送奶员还没来。
  • Why, oh why, was this the morning he had to be late?
  • 这是怎么回事,为什么他非得今天早晨迟到不可?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Paddock arrived every morning at seven-thirty.

帕多克每天早晨七点半到。
But at about twenty to seven I knew the milkman would come
我知道大约六点四十送奶员就会来;
the noise of the milk bottles usually woke me up.
奶瓶的碰撞声常常把我吵醒。
He was a young man with a very short moustache, and he wore a white coat.
他是个年轻人,留着小胡子,穿一件白外套。
He was my only chance.
他是我逃脱的唯一机会。
I had a breakfast of biscuits and whisky and by the time I had finished it was about six o'clock.
早饭我吃了点饼干,喝了点威士忌,吃完饭大约六点钟。
I got my pipe and started to fill it from my tobacco jar.
我掏出烟斗,从烟罐里取出烟装满烟斗。
As I put my fingers into the tobacco, I touched something hard, and pulled out Scudder's little black book.
我的手指刚摸到烟,感觉碰到什么硬东西,一拉拉出斯卡德尔的小黑笔记本。
This seemed a good sign. I lifted the cloth and looked at Scudder's peaceful face.
看来这是个好征兆。我把桌布掀开,望着斯卡德尔安详的脸。
'Goodbye, my friend, 'I said'I'm going to do my best for you. Wish me good luck. '
"朋友,再见了,"我说,"为你的事我会尽最大努力。祝我好运吧。"
Six-thirty passed, then six-forty, but still the milkman did not come.
六点半过去了,六点四十又过去了,可是送奶员还没来。
Why, oh why, was this the morning he had to be late?
这是怎么回事,为什么他非得今天早晨迟到不可?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
peaceful ['pi:sfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 安宁的,和平的

 
jar [dʒɑ:]

想一想再看

n. 不和谐,刺耳声,震动,震惊,广口瓶
vi

联想记忆
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。