手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第14期:送奶员开始旅行(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Perhaps that was part of the plan.
  • 也许这正是他们计划的一部分。
  • An English prison would be a safe place for me until the 15th of June.
  • 在英国监狱呆到六月十五日对我来说倒是最安全。
  • Even if the police did believe my story, I would still be helping Scudder's enemies.
  • 即使警察相信我的话,我仍然是帮了斯卡德尔敌人的忙。
  • Karolides would stay at home, which was what they wanted.
  • 卡罗里德斯就会留在国内,这正中他们的下怀。
  • Scudder's death had made me certain that his story was true;
  • 斯卡德尔的死使我确信他的话不假;
  • now I felt responsible for continuing his work.
  • 我觉得现在有责任把他的事做下去。
  • I hate to see a good man beaten, and if I carried on in Scudder's place, the murderers might not win.
  • 看到好人被打败我心有不甘,而如果我代替斯卡德尔干下去,那些凶手也许就不能得手。
  • I decided I must disappear, and remain hidden until just before the 15th of June.
  • 我决定必须躲起来,一直藏到六月十五日前。
  • Then I must contact some government people and tell them Scudder's story.
  • 然后我得找政府的人,把斯卡德尔的事告诉他们。
  • I wished he had told me more, and that I had listened more carefully to what he had told me.
  • 我真希望当初他多说点,或者我对他的话听仔细点。
  • There was a risk that the government would not believe me, but it was my best chance.
  • 如果政府的人不相信我就要冒险了,但我只有这个最佳机会。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Perhaps that was part of the plan.

也许这正是他们计划的一部分。
An English prison would be a safe place for me until the 15th of June.
在英国监狱呆到六月十五日对我来说倒是最安全。
Even if the police did believe my story, I would still be helping Scudder's enemies.
即使警察相信我的话,我仍然是帮了斯卡德尔敌人的忙。
Karolides would stay at home, which was what they wanted.
卡罗里德斯就会留在国内,这正中他们的下怀。
Scudder's death had made me certain that his story was true
斯卡德尔的死使我确信他的话不假;
now I felt responsible for continuing his work.
我觉得现在有责任把他的事做下去。
I hate to see a good man beaten, and if I carried on in Scudder's place, the murderers might not win.
看到好人被打败我心有不甘,而如果我代替斯卡德尔干下去,那些凶手也许就不能得手。
I decided I must disappear, and remain hidden until just before the 15th of June.
我决定必须躲起来,一直藏到六月十五日前。
Then I must contact some government people and tell them Scudder's story.
然后我得找政府的人,把斯卡德尔的事告诉他们。
I wished he had told me more, and that I had listened more carefully to what he had told me.
我真希望当初他多说点,或者我对他的话听仔细点。
There was a risk that the government would not believe me, but it was my best chance.
如果政府的人不相信我就要冒险了,但我只有这个最佳机会。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。