手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第12期:送奶员开始旅行(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Chapter 2 The milkman starts his travels
  • 第2章 送奶员开始旅行
  • I sat down in an armchair and felt very sick.
  • 我坐在扶手椅上,感到很恶心。
  • After about five minutes I started shaking.
  • 五分钟后开始颤栗。
  • The poor white face with its staring eyes was too much for me, so I got a tablecloth and covered it.
  • 我受不了那张可怜的、惨白的脸和直瞪蹬的眼睛,因此,拿了一块桌布把它盖起来。
  • Then I took the whisky bottle and drank several mouthfuls.
  • 然后抄起威士忌酒瓶喝了几口。
  • I had seen men die violently before.
  • 以前我见过暴死的,
  • I had killed a few myself in the Matabele war; but this was different.
  • 在麦特比尔战争中也亲手杀过几个人;但这回却有所不同。
  • After a few more minutes I managed to calm myself down a little.
  • 又过了几分钟我才使自己稍微平静一点。
  • I looked at my watch and saw that it was half past ten.
  • 看了看表,是十点半。
  • I searched the flat carefully, but there was nobody there.
  • 我仔细地把寓所搜查了一遍,没发现什么人。
  • Then I locked the doors and windows.
  • 然后就把门窗都锁起来。
  • By this time I was beginning to think more clearly.
  • 直到此刻我才开始比较冷静地思考。
  • It looked bad for me-that was clear.
  • 情况对我不利--这很显然。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 2 The milkman starts his travels

第2章 送奶员开始旅行
I sat down in an armchair and felt very sick.
我坐在扶手椅上,感到很恶心。
After about five minutes I started shaking.
五分钟后开始颤栗。
The poor white face with its staring eyes was too much for me, so I got a tablecloth and covered it.
我受不了那张可怜的、惨白的脸和直瞪蹬的眼睛,因此,拿了一块桌布把它盖起来。
Then I took the whisky bottle and drank several mouthfuls.
然后抄起威士忌酒瓶喝了几口。
I had seen men die violently before.
以前我见过暴死的,
I had killed a few myself in the Matabele warbut this was different.
在麦特比尔战争中也亲手杀过几个人;但这回却有所不同。
After a few more minutes I managed to calm myself down a little.
又过了几分钟我才使自己稍微平静一点。
I looked at my watch and saw that it was half past ten.
看了看表,是十点半。
I searched the flat carefully, but there was nobody there.
我仔细地把寓所搜查了一遍,没发现什么人。
Then I locked the doors and windows.
然后就把门窗都锁起来。
By this time I was beginning to think more clearly.
直到此刻我才开始比较冷静地思考。
It looked bad for me-that was clear.
情况对我不利--这很显然。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tablecloth ['teiblklɔθ]

想一想再看

n. 桌布,台布

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
violently ['vaiələntli]

想一想再看

adv. 猛烈地,激烈地,极端地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。