手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 小学英语 > 小学英语教材 > 英国原版语文课 > 英国原版语文第四册 > 正文

英国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第78期:避身的岩石(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

The sick man seized the minister by the hand, and, gazing intently in his face,

这个生病的人用手抓住牧师,目不转睛地盯着他的脸看,
said, "You do not, you cannot recognize me.
说道:“你不能,你认不出我了。
But I know you, and knew your father before you.
但是我认识你,而且还认识你父亲。
I have been a wanderer in many lands.
我曾到处流浪。
I have visited every quarter of the globe, and fought and bled for my king and country.
我到过世界上的每一个地方,为我的国王和祖国流血战斗。”
"I came to this town a few weeks ago in bad health.
“几星期前,我带着病体来到这座城市。
Last Lord's day I entered your church—the church of my countrymen—where I could once more hear,
上个礼拜日我去了你在的那所教堂——我同胞的教堂——在那里我能再次聆听传经布道,
in the language of my youth and of my heart, the gospel preached.
他们用的是我年轻时的语言,表达的是我内心的感情。

1.png

I heard you tell the story of the widow and her son."

我听到了你讲的那个关于寡妇和她儿子的故事。”
Here the voice of the old soldier faltered, his emotion almost choked his utterance;
说到这里,这位老兵的声音颤抖了,他激动得几乎说不出话来;
but recovering himself for a moment, he cried, "I am that son!" and burst into a flood of tears.
但他过了一会又缓过来了,他喊道,“我就是你故事里的那个男孩!”说完便老泪众横。
"Yes," he continued, "I am that son! Never, never did I forget my mother's love.
“没错,”他继续说道,“我就是故事中的男孩!我从未忘记过妈妈的爱。
Well might you ask what a heart should mine have been if she had been forgotten by me.
如果我忘了她,你也许就会想我到底有一副什么心肠。
Dear, very dear to me is her memory; and my only desire now is,
她的记忆对我来说很亲近;我现在唯一的愿望就是,
to lay my bones beside hers in the old church-yard among the hills.
将我埋在她的身边,埋在群山之中的老教堂墓地。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
burst [bə:st]

想一想再看

n. 破裂,阵,爆发
v. 爆裂,迸发

 
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。