I tried to tell that to Max. I mean...
我每次都想跟麦克斯对峙 我是说...
Tell me, Scott. Does...
告诉我 史考特...
Does he... does he make you take a lot out?
他有没有... 让你删减很多的内容?
He doesn't make me do anything.
他对我没什么要求
Well, does he advise you to take a lot out?
那他有“建议”你删减很多内容吗?
We're different writers, Tom.
我们写的东西是不同类型的 汤姆
How's that?
此话怎讲?
I don't write such long books.
我一般不写长篇小说
Don't or can't? Tom!
不想写还是写不出来啊? 汤姆!
Just say it, Scotty.
直说吧 史考特
There's no shame in writing short... though I think you've taken it a bit too far.
写短篇又没什么好丢脸的 但我觉得你的状态好像差得有点太过了
I mean, come on.
我是说
Are you gonna write another novel?
你还写得出来一篇完整的小说吗? 嗯?
Max, I hear you finally went fishing with Ernest.
麦克斯 我听说你终于和厄尼斯特·海明威一起出海钓鱼了
Yes, in the wilds of darkest Key West.
没错 在基韦斯特岛的深海域
Don't ignore me. That's enough.
不要无视我 够了
Don't pretend I'm not here. Jesus Christ!
不要假装看不见我 天啊!
I know goddamn well you ain't written a word in years.
我知道这几年 你连一个字都没有逼出来
Don't blame me for that.
这又不是我的错
Come on, get up! What? What? Why?
你给我起来! 什么? 干嘛? 怎么了?
You're leaving. Where are we going?
你得离开了 我们要去哪儿?
Get out. Why?
给我出去 为什么?
It's all right, my sweetheart. It's all right.
没事 亲爱的 没事
Stay calm. It's all right.
别担心 没事