You should tell him to put her away somewhere... and get back to work.
你应该告诉他 让他把她寄送在什么地方 然后回去好好写作
He... He's probably past it now.
他... 但他可能已经没什么灵感了
Couldn't make a whole book... but he's still got some talent around the edges.
可能连一本完整的作品都完成不了 但退一万步讲 他多少还是剩下点天赋啊
Faded grandeur, I suppose you'd call it.
“消褪的壮丽” 我猜你会这么形容
Or he'd call it. But that...
或者他会这么形容自己 但是...
Would you shut up?
你能闭嘴吗?
It amazes me, still... after all these years, how cruel you can be.
我们认识了这么多年 但没想到你竟然如此残忍
I... I'm only being honest.
我... 只是实话实说
Did you ever once try to imagine how it is for Scott?
你可曾站在史考特的角度 想像他现在的境况?
Why... Why would I?
我... 为什么要这么做?
How many words did you write today?
你今天写了多少字?
What? How many words did you write today?
什么? 我问你 你今天写了多少字?
Maybe five thousand. Scott wrote maybe a hundred.
差不多五千 而史考特可能只写了一百字不到
If today was a good day. If today was a great day.
这还是在他今天状态比较好的情况下
And he needs to write as much as you do.
他很想像你一样 思如泉涌 笔下生风
He fights over every word.
但现在几乎每个字 都是他竭思尽力抠出来的
Then, he should fight more.
所以啊 他应该在努力一点
His wife is going mad!
他妻子疯了!
Nobody cares about what he writes... or even remembers him anymore.
而且现在基本上没人在乎他写了什么 更别提记住他了
Can you imagine what that's like?
你能想像这是种什么感觉吗?
Don't blame me for his weakness.
别把他的软弱怪罪在我身上
It hurts me to see you so cruel.
看见你如此冷漠的表现 让我很心痛
So I've disappointed you yet again.
所以我又让您失望咯
Yes, very much.
对 非常失望
Well, I'm sorry I'm not decent enough... for your fine dinner parties and your fine friends.
很抱歉 我没那么体面 配不上你完美的晚宴和你完美的朋友
But before you drag me out to the woodshed... I think you ought to look at who's giving the lesson.
但在你把我拖出来之前 你应该搞清楚 到底是谁需要被教育
Am I supposed to grow up like you?
我应该变成像你这种人吗?
No, Tom, but you're supposed to grow up.
不 汤姆 但你确实应该长大了