You've already done a bullfighting book.
你已经写过一本关于斗牛的书了啊
Nah, it's not bullfighting this time.
恐怕世界现在的格局
World has gone beyond that, I'm afraid.
已不再安定了
It's war that's coming.
到处都是战火连连
And you need to be there?
那你还去?
Well, I need to be somewhere.
我得找点事做啊
I need to feel the old lucha por la vida, you know?
我想再次感受一下为生活而奋斗的激情 懂吗?
The struggle for life. What else is there?
为生存而战 不然活着还有什么意义?
Hoist her up, boys. We want to take a photograph.
把鱼吊起来 小伙子们 我们拍张照纪念一下
So... how's the muse from greater Asheville doing?
从伟大的阿什维尔走出来的缪斯 最近如何?
He's writing a new book, God help me.
神啊救救我吧 他又在写新书
Did you read Of Time and the River?
你看《时光与河流》了吗?
Crap. The boy has serious delusions of importance.
废话 这个年轻人太过傲慢 太过于追求所谓名望
And he's been mouthing off to the press too much.
他在文中夸夸其谈 言辞粗鲁
Tell him to shut the hell up and stick to his pencil.
叫他管好自己的嘴 好好写文章吧
Well, you know Tom. He's exuberant.
你知道汤姆 他就是有点精力过盛
Bullshit. He's starting to believe what they say about him.
胡说 他是开始将读者对他的评价 一一与自己对应了
Same thing that happened to Fitzgerald.
费兹杰罗也是同样的情况
Gets to hear he's the great man of letters so many times...
被人无数次地夸赞自己是文坛巨匠
he starts to believe it.
于是他便开始相信这一点了
Then he's got to live up to it and then he stops writing.
于是他便开始想方设法地达到这些赞誉 到最后只能停笔
Tom has to write. It's in his blood.
汤姆会一直写下去的 这种天赋是流淌在他血液里的
Well, they said the same thing about Scott five years ago.
五年前大家对史考特 不是也说过同样的话吗
Most elegant writer I ever knew.
他是我所认识的最为格调高尚的作家
Now the poor son of a bitch... can't string five words together to save his own life.
而现在 这个可怜的家伙连一个简单的句子都写不出来 更别提养家糊口了