From a Western view, things are getting a bit better.
从西方人的角度来看,事情有些好转
We're moving industry to developing nations where we can get cheap labor
我们正在把工业移到发展中国家去 在那儿我们能找到廉价劳动力
free of any environmental laws. The weapon industry is booming.
也不用受环境法的约束了 军工业也在蓬勃发展
Five million people die a year from preventable water disease.
每年有5百万人死于可避免的水污染
How is the world getting better? I'm not angry, I'm not angry.
这个世界怎么会在变好呢 我不生气,我没有生气
But come on, I want to know. I'm interested.
但是告诉我嘛,我想知道 我很感兴趣
I realize that there are a lot of serious problems in the world.
我意识到世界上有很多严重的问题
Okay. Thank you. I mean, I don't even have
好的。谢谢你 我的意思是,我在亚洲市场
one publisher in the Asian market. Okay. All right.
还没有一家出版商呢 好的,那很好
Say stop. What? Stop.
说“打住” 什么?打住
Look, all I'm saying is there's more awareness. People are gonna fight back.
嗨,我所说的是人们有了 这种意识就会采取行动的
The world might be getting better because people like you
世界会因为有了象你 这样的人而好起来的
Even the very notion of conservation, environmental issues
直到近来,持续发展 环境保护的概念
are educated and speaking out.
你们受过教育又敢于呐喊