威尔!
What happened?
怎么了?
Your father had a stroke.
你爸中风了
He's upstairs with your mom and Dr. Bennett.
他跟你妈和班奈医生在楼上
Is he gonna be okay?
他不会有事吧?
I don't suppose that I could...
我想我不能…
stay here with him. I mean, in case...
在这陪他 我是说,万一…
In case he wakes up, I really ought to be here.
万一他醒来,我应该在旁边
I'll stay.
我留下
Why don't you go home with Josephine. I'll stay tonight.
你跟乔瑟芬一起回去,我留下
Is that okay? - Fine.
这样可以吗? - 可以
Will, you'll call if there's any...?
有事你要打回家…
I will. I will. I'll call.
我会打的…
Do you want some time with Dad? - Yes. Thank you.
要陪爸一下吗? - 要,谢谢
Glad to see you're not trying to have a heartfelt talk.
很高兴你不爱说肉麻的话
One of my greatest annoyances is when...
我最讨厌的就是…
...people try to talk to those who can't hear them.
有人想跟听不到的人说话
Well, we have an advantage.
我们有个优点
My father and I never talk.
我跟我爸从来不交谈
Your father ever tell you about the day you were born?
你爸跟你说过你出生的日子吗?
Yeah, a thousand times. He caught an uncatchable fish.
说很多次了,他钓到一条怪鱼
Not that. The real story. He ever tell you that?
不是那个,是真正的故事 他没跟你说过?
No.
没
Well, your mother came in about 3 in the afternoon.
你妈大约下午三点来到医院
Her neighbor drove her, on account of your father was away on business...
是邻居载她来的,因为你爸…
in Wichita.
他去维恰市做生意了
You were born a week early, but there were no complications.
你提早一周出生 但没有任何问题
It was a perfect delivery. Your father was sorry not to be there.
生产很顺利 你爸很难过没能在场
But it wasn't the custom then for men to be in the room for deliveries...
但那时不时兴丈夫在产房陪产…
so I can't see how it would've been much different had he been there.
所以他就算在家也没啥差别
And that's the real story of how you were born.
这就是你出生的真实故事
Not very exciting, is it?
不是很有趣,对吧?
And I suppose if I had to choose between the true version...
如果让我选择是要真实版…
and an elaborate one involving a fish and a wedding ring...
还是里面大怪鱼 加婚戒的夸张版…
I might choose the fancy version.
我可能会选夸张版
But, then that's just me.
但那只是我的选择
I kind of liked your version.
我满喜欢你的版本的