中英对白
Here goes nothing.
会没事的
Daniel, Marc. What took you so long?
丹尼尔 马克 恭候已久
So provided I can get Connor to give me the money
如果我能要回那笔钱 我能得到什么
We buy out Hartley and reinstate you at "Mode" with 50% ownership.
我们买回股份 让你在《风尚》复职 还有50%的股权
With equal veto power.
我还要同等的投票权
Yes. Yes.
好的 成交
May I now kiss the bride?
我现在可以亲吻新娘了吗
Eh, not so fast.
别那么心急
Can you really do this without consulting your mother first?
没有经过你母亲同意 你能擅做主张吗
Please focus on getting that money back.
请把心思放在如何讨回那笔钱上
Oh, I will,
我会的
and I don't care if I have to go to that filthy prison every day to do it.
我不介意每天都去那肮脏的监狱讨债
重点讲解
Script: We buy out Hartley and reinstate you at "Mode" with 50% ownership.
【要点解析】buy out
1. 买下…的股权(或产权
e.g. The bank had to pay to buy out most of the 200 former partners.
银行不得不花钱买下过去200名合伙人手中的大部分股权。
e.g. He bought his brother out for $17 million.
他花1,700万美元买下了他哥哥的全部股份。
2. 花钱使…离开(如提前退役)
e.g. Carling eventually bought himself out of the army.
卡林最终还是花钱提前退役了。
Script: Please focus on getting that money back.
【要点解析】focus on:集中注意力于......
e.g. Today we're going to focus on the question of homeless people.
今天,我们主要讨论无家可归者的问题。
e.g. Students should resist the temptation to focus on exams alone.
学生们应当抵制诱惑,集中精力备考。