中英对白
I finished Audrey Hepburn's biography last night, and it totally inspired me.
昨晚 读完了奥黛丽.赫本的传记 让我灵感狂涌啊
Audrey Hepburn's, she's so boring.I hated Breakfast at Tiffany's.
奥黛丽.赫本 她超无聊的 我恨《蒂凡尼的早餐》
But if you tell one gay person I said that, I will deny it. I will.
如果你敢告诉别的同志我说了这话 我矢口否认啊 必须的
I promise.
保证不会啦话说
Anyway, Audrey basically gave up her stardom to go and do good in the world, and it made me think.
奥黛丽基本放弃了她的演员身份 在世间行善 就让我沉思啊
I'm an editor now. Really?
我现在是编辑啦 是么
And I'm finally in a position to tell stories like that stories about people who do inspiring and selfless things.
我终于能以我视角 讲述类似的故事 那些做着激励人心和无私善事人的故事
Well, here's your next assignment from the powers that be.
这是统治阶级分派给你的下项任务
Inspiring? The most comfortable stiletto?
激励人心吧 最舒适的细高跟
Betty Suarez, keeping the dream alive for hookers with hammertoe.
Betty Suarez 为那些生槌状趾的妓女们维持一把希望吧
重点讲解
Script: Anyway, Audrey basically gave up her stardom to go and do good in the world, and it made me think.
【要点解析】1. stardom
exp. Stardom is the state of being very famous, usually as an actor, musician, or sports player. 明星地位(或身份)
e.g. In 1929 she shot to stardom on Broadway in a Noel Coward play.
1929 年,她因出演诺埃尔·科沃德的一部剧而在百老汇一炮走红。
e.g. The actor coast ed to stardom on his father's name.
那位男演员靠父亲的名誉一帆风顺地成了明星。
2. give up:辞去(工作)
exp. If you give up your job, you resign from it.
e.g. She gave up her job to join her husband's campaign.
她辞去工作,加入到丈夫的宣传活动中。
e.g. He is thinking of giving up teaching.
他在考虑辞去教书的工作。
3. do good:做好事,行善事
e.g. You should do good to others.
你应该对人行善。
e.g. He prefers to do good by stealth.
他宁愿悄悄做好事。
Script: Betty Suarez, keeping the dream alive for hookers with hammertoe.
【要点解析】keep the dream alive:坚持你的梦想
这个短语的结构是:keep+N.+adj.中的keep是使役动词,意思是“让,使得”。