The day on Wisteria lane began like any other. With a cup of coffee and the morning paper.
在Wisteria lane又一个如往常般平凡的日子。在一杯咖啡和一份晨报中开始了。
Just give me a second...
等我一下下……
and while Lynette read the business section, and Gabrielle studied the fall collections, and Bree searched for decorating ideas
当Lynette读着经济版的时候,Gabrielle计划着秋季收购。Bree考虑着室内装潢的点子。
Susan scanned the front page and saw something that caught her eye.
Susan浏览着头版,看到一些引起她注意的东西。
Mary Alice: What's about time?
都什么时候了啊?
Susan: Be nice. I come bearing Snacks.
别那么鸡婆,我带了些小吃过来。
Bree: Lynette, these cards are sticky.
Lynette, 这些牌真是粘手。
Lynette: I know. Preston used the three of diamonds to take scoop jam out of the jar.
我知道,Preston拿了三张方块牌从广口瓶中刮果酱。
Gabrielle: Gorgeous, thankful we have 49 cards to play with.
太“好”了,幸亏我们还有49张牌可以玩。
Susan: Hello. Sorry I'm late
嗨,不好意思我来晚了。
Mary Alice: So, Susan and I was just telling the girls, I want to throw a dinner party.
对了,Susan和我正在告诉大家,我想举办一个晚宴。
Susan: Really?
真的?
Mary Alice: Yes.
当然。
Well how long have we all lived on this street we've never done a big group thing.
我们一起在这里住了这么长时间,但从来没有一起做过一件大事。
Bree: I think it's a great idea.
我想那是一个不错的主意。
Mary Alice: Paul never likes to have people over but the heck with him I'm doing it.
Paul不喜欢家里有很多人,不过管他呢,我照样要办。
Susan: So when is this shindig?
什么时候办呢?
Mary Alice: How about a month from tonight? That would be the 16th. Good for everyone?
一个月后如何?那就是16号. 大家到时候都有空吗?
Lynette: Works for me.
我没问题。
Bree: Should we all make something?
我们都该准备些什么?
Mary Alice: Oh, no. This is my party.I've been wanting to have everyone over for years. I'm so happy we're finally doing this.It's gonna be so much fun.
哦,不,这次我来准备。我一直期盼这么一个邀请大家过来的机会。我真高兴最终能实现了。那将会很棒。
Lynette: Hey. I know. Her dinner.
嗨。我知道,她的晚宴。
Susan: How could we have all forgotten about this?
我们怎么能忘记了这事呢?
Lynette: We didn't exactly forget, it's just usually when the hostess dies the party's off.
我们没有忘记,只是随着女主人的去世,晚宴也取消了。
Bree: Lynette
Lynette
Lynette: I'm not being flip. I'm just pointing out a reality.
不是我轻率无礼,只是事实如此。
Gabrielle: Mary Alice was so excited about it. It's so sad.
Mary Alice曾对这次晚餐那么期待。真令人伤心。
Susan: I think we should go through with it.
我想我们继续做下去。
Bree: Really? Wouldn't that be in poor taste?
你说真的? 那会不会很低俗啊?
Susan: No. It's sort of a way to honor Mary Alice. It was so important to her
不会,那可以算是我们对Mary Alice的追思。这件事曾经对她有那么重要的意义。
Gabrielle: We could all use a fun night.
我们可以有一个愉快的夜晚。
Bree: Well, good, because I have some new flour that I have been just dying to show off.
嗯,很好,我正好有些新面粉一直没机会展示呢。
Susan: Lynette?
Lynette?
Lynette: I'm in.
算我一个。
Bree: I'll make braised lamb shanks.
我做炖小羊腿。
Lynette: I'm still in.
也算我一个。
Bree: So how many I will be cooking for?
那么会有多少人参加呢?
Gabrielle: Seven. Three couples and Susan. Does that sound right?
七个,三对夫妻,还有Susan,没问题吧?
Susan: No, it sounds very, very wrong.
不,听起来有很大很大的问题。
Bree: Oh...Is there somebody you'd like to invite?
哦?你还想邀请谁吗?
Susan: I have an idea.
我有个主意。