台词欣赏:
Alexis:What are we drinking to?
我们为了什么而举杯
Wilhelmina:To a father who realizes his child will never compare to the one he lost.
为一个明白眼前的孩子永远没有他所失去的那个父亲好
And to a son who knows he'll never measure up, no matter how hard he tries.
让他知道无论他有多努力他的儿子永远都不会达标
Alexis:It's practically Shakespearean.
真有几分莎士比亚的味道
Wilhelmina:As long as there's this wedge between the two of them, their relationship is doomed.
只要他们之间有了磕磕碰碰 他们的关系肯定破裂
Daniel's time at the magazine and ultimately, the company will be limited.
Daniel待在杂志社的时间 乃至在公司都会被限制
Alexis:Well, perhaps it's time I drive that wedge a little deeper.
或许是时候让矛盾扩大些了
What would Daniel think——if he were tipped off as to what his dear old father were capable of?
如果向Daniel透露点关于他亲爱的爸爸的事 他会做何感想
Daniel:Hey, what if we shrink the magazine down so women can fit it in their purses easier?
嘿 如果缩小杂志尺寸 女士们很容易就能把它装进手袋 这个主意怎么样
See, now, Alex would've made that. He should be the one here doing this, not me. At least my father would be happier.
听着 要是Alex还在的话 在这儿的肯定是他 不是我 至少我爸爸也会高兴点
Betty:If your father didn't think you could do this job, then why would he give it to you?
如果你爸爸认为你干不了 那为什么他要让你来接管
Daniel:Is this Kung Pao Chicken or, or orange beef?
这个是宫保鸡丁还是茄汁牛肉
Betty:Well, after five hours, Daniel, I... I don't really think it matters.
已经过去五个小时了 Daniel 我 我认为那无关紧要
Daniel:You know what next Saturday is?
你知道下个礼拜六是什么日子吗
The Harvard Yale game. Biggest college football game of the year.
是哈佛和耶鲁的比赛 一年之中最盛大的大学橄榄球赛
Betty:You want me to try and get you tickets?
要我帮你搞到票子
Daniel:You know, every year since we were kids, my father would take Alex to that game.
你知道吗 从孩提时代起 爸爸他每年都会带着Alex去看比赛
It was their——their thing. He never once invited me.
那是属于他们的 他们的比赛
You know, I actually thought after Alex died, he was gonna ask me to go, but... It's okay. I'm used to it.
他从来都没邀请过我 我以为Alex死了 他就会邀我去 可是这没什么 我习惯了
Every parent has a favorite, right?
所有的父母都有偏爱的孩子 不是吗
Betty:Well, you know, my dad doesn't.
嗯 我爸爸不会这样
Daniel:Sure, he does. I mean, they all do.
他当然会 我的意思是他们都会那样
Sometimes it's, uh, something small, but you can see it, you know?
有时候是一些很小的事 但你还是可以感觉到 不是吗
They, uh, smile a little brighter when one of you walks in the room... laugh a little louder when one of you tells a joke.
他们会对其中一个笑得更甜一点 会为其中一个讲的笑话笑得更多一点