He led them to the very edge of the forest.
他领着他们来到禁林边缘,
Holding his lamp up high, he pointed down a narrow, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees.
把灯高高举起,指着一条逐渐隐入黑色密林深处的羊肠小路。
A light breeze lifted their hair as they looked into the forest.
他们往禁林里望去,一阵微风吹拂着他们的头发。
Look there, said Hagrid, see that stuff shinin' on the ground? Silvery stuff?
“你们往那边瞧,”海格说,“看见地上那个闪光的东西吗?银白色的?
That's unicorn blood. There's a unicorn in there bin hurt badly by summat.
那就是独角兽的血。禁林里的一只独角兽被什么东西打伤了,伤得很重。
This is the second time in a week. I found one dead last Wednesday.
这已经是一个星期里的第二次了。上星期三我就发现死了一只。
We're gonna try an' find the poor thing. We might have ter put it out of its misery.
我们要争取找到那个可怜的独角兽,使它摆脱痛苦。”
And what if whatever hurt the unicorn finds us first? said Malfoy, unable to keep the fear out of his voice.
“如果伤害独角兽的那个东西先发现了我们,怎么办呢?”马尔福问,他的声音里含着无法抑制的恐惧。
There's nothin' that lives in the forest that'll hurt yeh if yer with me or Fang, said Hagrid.
“只要你和我或者牙牙在一起,禁林里的任何生物都不会伤害你。”海格说道,
An' keep ter the path. Right, now, we're gonna split inter two parties an' follow the trail in diff'rent directions.
“不要离开小路。好了,现在我们要兵分两路,分头顺着血迹寻找。
There's blood all over the place, it must've bin staggerin' around since last night at least.
到处都是血迹,显然,它至少从昨天晚上起,就一直跌跌撞撞地到处徘徊。”
I want Fang, said Malfoy quickly, looking at Fang's long teeth.
“我要牙牙,”马尔福看着牙牙长长的牙齿,忙不迭地说。
All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward, said Hagrid.
“好吧,不过我提醒你,它可是个胆小鬼。”海格说,
So me, Harry, an' Hermione'll go one way an' Draco, Neville, an' Fang'll go the other.
“那么,我、哈利和赫敏走一条路,马尔福、纳威和牙牙走另一条路。
Now, if any of us finds the unicorn, we'll send up green sparks, right?
如果谁找到了独角兽,就发射绿色火花,明白吗?
Get yer wands out an' practice now — that's it — an' if anyone gets in trouble, send up red sparks,
把你们的魔杖拿出来,练习一下——对了——如果有谁遇到了麻烦,就发射红色火花,
an' we'll all come an' find yeh — so, be careful -- let's go.
我们都会过来找你——行了,大家多加小心——我们走吧。”