The moon was bright, but clouds scudding across it kept throwing them into darkness.
月光很皎洁,但不断有云飘过来遮住月亮,使他们陷入一片黑暗。
Ahead, Harry could see the lighted windows of Hagrid's hut. Then they heard a distant shout.
哈利可以看见海格小屋里那些映着灯光的窗户。接着,他们听见远处传来一声喊叫。
Is that you, Filch? Hurry up, I want ter get started.
“是你吗,费尔奇?快点,我要出发了。”
Harry's heart rose; if they were going to be working with Hagrid it wouldn't be so bad.
哈利的心欢腾起来,如果他们要和海格一起劳动,那就不算太糟。
His relief must have showed in his — face, because Filch said, I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that oaf?
他一定在脸上表现出了这种宽慰的心情,只听费尔奇说:“你大概以为你会和那个蠢货一起玩个痛快吧?
Well, think again, boy — it's into the forest you're going and I'm much mistaken if you'll all come out in one piece.
再好好想想吧,小子——你是要去禁林!如果你能安然无恙地出来,就算我估计错了。”
At this, Neville let out a little moan, and Malfoy stopped dead in his tracks.
听了这话,纳威忍不住哼了一声,马尔福猛地停住了脚步。
The forest? he repeated, and he didn't sound quite as cool as usual.
“禁林?”他跟着说了一句,声音远不像平时那样冷静了,
We can't go in there at night — there's all sorts of things in there — werewolves, I heard.
“我们不能在半夜里进去——那里面什么都有——我听说有狼人。”
Neville clutched the sleeve of Harry's robe and made a choking noise.
纳威紧紧抓住哈利的衣袖,发出一声哽咽。
That's your problem, isn't it? said Filch, his voice cracking with glee.
“那只能怪你自己,是不是?”费尔奇说,声音喜滋滋的,
Should've thought of them werewolves before you got in trouble, shouldn't you?
“你在惹麻烦之前,就应该想到这些狼人的,是不是?”
Hagrid came striding toward them out of the dark, Fang at his heel.
海格从黑暗中大步向他们走来,牙牙跟在后面。
He was carrying his large crossbow, and a quiver of arrows hung over his shoulder.
海格带着他巨大的石弓,肩上挂着装得满满的箭筒。
About time, he said. I bin waitin' fer half an hour already. All right, Harry, Hermione?
“时间差不多了,”他说,“我已经等了半小时。怎么样,哈利,赫敏?”
I shouldn't be too friendly to them, Hagrid, said Filch coldly, they're here to be punished, after all.
“不应该对他们这么客气,海格,”费尔奇冷冰冰地说,“毕竟,他们到这里来是接受惩罚的。”
That's why yer late, is it? said Hagrid, frowning at Filch.
“所以你迟到了,是吗?”海格冲费尔奇皱着眉头,
Bin lecturin' them, eh? 'Snot your place ter do that. Yeh've done yer bit, I'll take over from here.
说道,“一直在教训他们,嗯?这里可不是你教训人的地方。你的任务完成了,从现在起由我负责。”