There's a diary.
里面有一本日记。
This? Mm.
这本吗?
Could you read it to me?
你能读给我听吗?
Is this what you wanna do?
这就是你的心愿吗?
I tried to read it a hundred different times.
我不晓得有多少次都想要读。
Mom, it's not exactly.
妈,这不算是。
Just the sound of your voice, darling.
我只想听你读的声音。
Okay.
好吧。
It's dated,April 4th,1985.
日期是1985年4月4日。
It says "New Orleans."
上面写“新奥尔良”。
"This is my last will and testament.
这是我最后的遗嘱和遗言。
I don't have much to leave, few possessions, no money, really.
我没有什么遗产,只有几样东西,一点钱都没有。
I will go out of this world the same way I came in; alone and with nothing.
生死都是孑然一身。
All I have is my story.
我只有我的故事。
and I'm writing it now while I still remember it.
趁我还记得要赶紧写下来。
My name is Benjamin.
我叫班哲明。
Benjamin Button." Benjamin Button.
班哲明巴顿。
And I was born under unusual circumstances.
我在不寻常的状况下出生。
The First World War had ended.
当时一次大战刚结束。
and I've been told it was an especially good night to be born.
听说我出生那天是黄道吉日。