OK. Let's have a look at the current job vacancies at Milo's.
好的。让我们看看米洛餐厅目前的职位空缺。
The first one is in Wivenhoe Street.
第一个职位是在Wivenhoe街。
Sorry, where?
对不起,哪里?
Wivenhoe. W-I-V-E-N-H-O-E. It's quite central, just off Cork Street.
Wivenhoe。W-I-V-E-N-H-O-E。它在很中心的位置,就在Cork街旁边。
Oh, right.
哦,明白了。
They're looking for a breakfast supervisor.
他们正在寻找一名早餐主管。
That would be OK.
那应该还可以。
So you're probably familiar with the kind of responsibilities involved.
你可能对涉及的职责比较熟悉。
Obviously checking that all the portions are correct, etc., and then things like checking all the procedures for cleaning the equipment are being followed.
很明显,这一职位要检查所有的菜品份量是否正确等等,然后要检查是否遵循了所有清洁设备的程序等类似的事情。
OK. And what about the salary?
好的。那薪水如何呢?
In my last job I was getting ?9.50 per hour.
我上一份工作每小时挣9.50英镑。
I was hoping to get a bit more than that.
我希望新工作能多挣一点。
Well, to begin with, you'd be getting ?9.75 but that goes up to ?11.25 after three months.
嗯,开始的时候,你的薪水是9.75英镑,但三个月后会涨到11.25英镑。
That's not too bad. And I suppose it's a very early start?
还不错。我猜工作开始的时间很早?
Mmm. That's the only unattractive thing about this job.
嗯。这是这份工作唯一不太吸引人的地方。
But then you have the afternoons and evenings free.
但你能空出下午和晚上的时间。
So the restaurant starts serving breakfast from 7 a.m.
所以餐厅从早上7点开始供应早餐。
And you'd have to be there at 5.30 to set everything up.
你得在5点半到,做好一切准备。
But you'd be finished at 12.30.
但你会在12点半结束工作。
Mmm. Well, as you say, there are advantages to that.
嗯。正如你所说,这样也有它的好处。
Now, you might also be interested in the job at the City Road branch.
现在,你可能也会对City Road分店的工作感兴趣。
That's for a junior chef, so again a position of responsibility.
那是初级厨师的职位,所以也是一个责任重大的位置。
I might prefer that, actually.
实际上,我可能更喜欢那个职位。
Right, well obviously this role would involve supporting the sous chef and other senior staff.
好的,显然这个角色将涉及支持副厨师和其他高级员工的工作。
And you'd be responsible for making sure there's enough stock each week-and sorting out all the deliveries.
你将负责确保每周有足够的库存——并处理所有的交货事宜。
I've never done that before, but l imagine it's fairly straightforward, once you get the hang of it.
我以前从未做过这样的工作,但我想一旦你掌握了它,应该是相当简单的。
Yes and you'd be working alongside more experienced staff to begin with, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.
是的,一开始你会与经验丰富的员工一起工作,所以我相信这不会是问题。
The salary's slightly higher here. It's an annual salary of ?23,000.
这里的薪水稍微高一些。年薪是23000英镑。
Right.
明白了。
I know that if they like you, it's likely you'll be promoted quite quickly. So that's worth thinking about.
我知道如果他们喜欢你,你可能会很快得到晋升。所以这是值得考虑的工作。
Yes. It does sound interesting. What are the hours like?
是的。听起来确实有趣。工作时间怎么样?
The usual, I think. There's a lot of evening and weekend work, but they're closed on Mondays.
和通常的一样,我想。有很多晚上和周末的工作,但他们周一休息。
But you do get one Sunday off every four weeks.
但你每四周会有一个周日休息。
So would you like me to send off your…
那么,你希望我帮你发送你的……